lane keep assist working?

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if mine is actually working. Could be good thing or a bad thing I guess, since I really have no desire to use it.

It turns on and the lane lines are on the cluster and change color. ...but that's it. Is there supposed to be a chime, or vibration in the steering? I would think, because if I'm not paying attention to the road, I'm sure not paying attention to the cluster.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You adjust it in the display in the instrument cluster, I recall mine being off, there are three levels of assist. one just visual with the lines, then warning, and then warning plus assist. Let me know if you find it.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Not sure if mine is actually working. Could be good thing or a bad thing I guess, since I really have no desire to use it.

It turns on and the lane lines are on the cluster and change color. ...but that's it. Is there supposed to be a chime, or vibration in the steering? I would think, because if I'm not paying attention to the road, I'm sure not paying attention to the cluster.
I have my fusion set to assist and that causes a small steering input that tries to get you back between the lines. You should feel a steering wheel vibration (like a rumble strip in my Fusion) when this occurs.

OP
OP
Stic-o

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So visual is the default setting?

I'll turn it on and search for the settings. I didn't see any settings for it when it was off.

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
So visual is the default setting?

I'll turn it on and search for the settings. I didn't see any settings for it when it was off.
If you see little arrows around your vehicle icon between the lanes then the steering assist is enabled.. The system will literally nudge the wheel bdck into the lane . It's a bit disconcerting at first, and definitely startling on wet or snowy roads so I suggest turning it off in bad weather. More than once I thought I was starting to skid when it was just the hsotic feedback

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
The lane keep assists feels to me like the slightest bit of resistance, almost like pushing two magnets together. It didn't rumble at all and was barely noticeable during my test drive even when forcing it to come on and specifically looking and feeling for the sensation.

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
The lane keep assists feels to me like the slightest bit of resistance, almost like pushing two magnets together. It didn't rumble at all and was barely noticeable during my test drive even when forcing it to come on and specifically looking and feeling for the sensation.
You can adjust the sensitivity and haptic feedback so it's very customizable

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
You can adjust the sensitivity and haptic feedback so it's very customizable
Yeah, the test drive was done with it set to the highest setting. The dealer rep wanted to show me how it worked and make sure I knew the feeling because it really is quite subtle.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I can feel mine just fine. I shut it off when I'm on back roads just because it is distracting. I keep it on for the highways.

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I can feel mine just fine. I shut it off when I'm on back roads just because it is distracting. I keep it on for the highways.
Yeah same, mostly off though. If it wasn't so easy to turn on and off I'd probably keep it off
Sponsored