Radar detector installation assistance

My new toy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL 2011 Ford Escape
I need to tap into the power plug so I pulled the smaller cover off above the mirror there wasn't any plug to tap into I don't have any power to the mirror I don't know if it is because it is only a XL model but I do know that there are wires leading up to the map lights does anyone know if I have to remove the lower larger cover to access it
Sponsored

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I need to tap into the power plug so I pulled the smaller cover off above the mirror there wasn't any plug to tap into I don't have any power to the mirror I don't know if it is because it is only a XL model but I do know that there are wires leading up to the map lights does anyone know if I have to remove the lower larger cover to access it
MirrorTap Installation

I've got a Lariat so I'm not sure if you have the same harness behind the mirror, but from my post above you can see the gray harness that I tapped into to get switched power and ground from. you can see the red and black taps in the photo below.

9e586a7f-89d9-4748-a71c-f66fa0052a1b-jpeg.jpg

76a8bc53-6942-4ce0-9cab-ccd58ab89d7d-jpeg.jpg

If you don't have power there, you could always just run a tap from the driver's side fuse panel. What kind of Radar detector are you trying to get power to?

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize I am new to this I'm trying to install a uniden dfr7 detector and a viofo a119 dash cam I looked down where the small cover was with a flashlight and only saw a Male plug only assuming the female was missing because having a manual mirror
Not a problem, we're all in here to help each other. If you have this Gray three wire plug, you can tap in to the blue wire for switchable 12v power and black for ground.

20190318_211611-jpg.jpg

If you don't have this, you could purchase these and use a fuse tap to get your power. Like in the photo below. Fuse 36 and 37 can be used for switchable power.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078T5T21G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3U0R8W25DJNQE&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BLL71YK/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_K-OJDbQ24200Z

fkx34nx-jpg.jpg
Sponsored