Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Now Now, I am a glass half full guy so I will say that what Ford taketh they will offset it by adding the tailgate damper.:crazy::LOL::crackup: oh my!!
can 0' worms...
Sponsored

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Might be a dumb question, but do we typically see rebates on the current model year? Ex. I wonder if we might see a rebate on '21 Rangers in December or January.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Might be a dumb question, but do we typically see rebates on the current model year? Ex. I wonder if we might see a rebate on '21 Rangers in December or January.
Usually the rebates are on the previous year to get rid of them. In 2019 they had some killer rebates on the XLT around Black Friday,IIRC some got $6,000 + off. Plus with the factories being shut down because of Covid there won't be a lot of inventory left over this year.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Love that Cactus Grey! Other than the paint options, doesn't look like there's many other changes. Unless you want one of the new colors I don't see any reason to wait.
I'm curious - where did you see samples of the new colors? I didn't see any samples of what the new colors look like.

Subduction

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Std. cab, SWB Ranger 2x4, 2.5L, 5-sp; 2014 XV Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Rebates came out on the '20 Explorer about 2 nanoseconds after launch.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
I havent checked under my bed liner on my 20 to even see if I have the middles yet. Im too scared to look.
It's been a horrible year, so best you don't look. Would hate to see that be the thing to push you over the edge.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Rebates came out on the '20 Explorer about 2 nanoseconds after launch.
I did the retool for Chicago assembly plant for the new explorer’s. They were bringing car hauler after car hauler of 2020 explorer’s while we were still doing demolition of the old line. Asked one of the engineers where they came from he told me they built 600 units in Michigan setting up the robots. So other than the press cars and display cars the rest were unloaded at the rail lots.

Hardy12000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4 (Iconic Silver)
I did the retool for Chicago assembly plant for the new explorer’s. They were bringing car hauler after car hauler of 2020 explorer’s while we were still doing demolition of the old line. Asked one of the engineers where they came from he told me they built 600 units in Michigan setting up the robots. So other than the press cars and display cars the rest were unloaded at the rail lots.
You work in the Chicago plant? Small world I work at Lexamar in Northern Michigan. Your probably fairly familiar with some of our work.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
You work in the Chicago plant? Small world I work at Lexamar in Northern Michigan. Your probably fairly familiar with some of our work.
Outside contractor for the retool. Done a couple of gm plants and subaru once. Worked at tower automotive and the chicago stamping plant a couple times.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
I wonder if the 2021 will have the Tremor package that was spied a few weeks ago or if that will be for the next generation. If they bring it out, that could get me to switch my Bronco reservation to ordering a Ranger (I really need a truck and the tow rating on the Bronco is kinda light).

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I wonder if the 2021 will have the Tremor package that was spied a few weeks ago or if that will be for the next generation. If they bring it out, that could get me to switch my Bronco reservation to ordering a Ranger (I really need a truck and the tow rating on the Bronco is kinda light).
According to Ford Authority, the Tremor will be a package, not a model on the Ranger, and will be out on the 2022 MY, but they say that there could be some late 2021's. What is odd to me is that the "All New" 6G Ranger won't arrive until the 2023 model year: late 2022. Why engineer such an extensive build for just one model year, then revamp everything for the 6G?
Unless the 6G won't be totally all new...
Sponsored