2021 Ordering Experience - April to August

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I would get down there to shake them up. mine was sitting on lot unlocked and several salesman told me "the boss told me it was for sale".

so I took it for a test ride. I already had my ford pass setup on my phone with my VIN so I synced the truck with my phone on test drive now I could watch if anybody else drove it. Took it back to lot and locked it up and gave my salesperson the keys.
Sponsored

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
I just drove it home!!!!! I'll take some decent pictures soon because its already getting dark here in California (7PM). It took almost 6 months exactly from time of placing the order to keys in hand. Apple CarPlay is amazing......

final price: $44.7 with all taxes, fees, incentives + 8 year 100,000mi warranty.

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
I just drove it home!!!!! I'll take some decent pictures soon because its already getting dark here in California (7PM). It took almost 6 months exactly from time of placing the order to keys in hand. Apple CarPlay is amazing......

final price: $44.7 with all taxes, fees, incentives + 8 year 100,000mi warranty.
If six months is the key amount of time one is required to wait, I should get my Ranger in two weeks. Right now estimated delivery is still showing 10/7/21.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
If six months is the key amount of time one is required to wait, I should get my Ranger in two weeks. Right now estimated delivery is still showing 10/7/21.
6 months, incredible ? hopefully your delivery estimate holds up?

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter

There have been further delays. The new estimated delivery date is 10/17. I sense a trend, wait until the day before scheduled delivery and then add 10 days. Come on Ford, get with the game and COMMUNICATE with your buyers!

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
I'm thinking I am getting tired of this waiting game which began in early April

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 9.04.11 PM.png

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
There have been further delays. The new estimated delivery date is 10/17. I sense a trend, wait until the day before scheduled delivery and then add 10 days. Come on Ford, get with the game and COMMUNICATE with your buyers!
And Ford hopes this buying methoid where you custom order what you want becomes the new Normal?

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Well, it happened. The latest delivery estimation is now showing 10/27. And of course, the dealership has no news about what is causing the delay!

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Well, it happened. The latest delivery estimation is now showing 10/27. And of course, the dealership has no news about what is causing the delay!
In the latest entry to this unending saga, Ford is now reporting the Ranger as built effective 10/23 with an estimated delivery of 11/4. I suspect they will blow the delivery date but at least we can now report it as built.

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
In the latest entry to this unending saga, Ford is now reporting the Ranger as built effective 10/23 with an estimated delivery of 11/4. I suspect they will blow the delivery date but at least we can now report it as built.
My suspicions were correct. Today they changed the estimated delivery date to 11/11 from 11/4.

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
My suspicions were correct. Today they changed the estimated delivery date to 11/11 from 11/4.
Oh, but wait, there is more! One day later the estimated delivery change from 11/11 to 11/14. UGH.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, but wait, there is more! One day later the estimated delivery change from 11/11 to 11/14. UGH.
Wondering if you hit up Ford customer care on Twitter? Other people have done so and gotten good results from that. It can't hurt to try.
Sponsored