2021 Ranger Ordering Begins 9/14 and Production Starts 12/7

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Anyone taking bets on what is removed for 2021? Embossed Ranger on the seats from the 2019, folding rear head rests on 2019.
All guesses:
Rear seat delete becomes standard on XL SuperCabs; Applink and and Apple Car Play/Android becomes a separate extra cost option from Sync3; Trailer tow eliminated on 4wd XLs and become part of the the top XLT 302 and Lariat trims.
Actually, I don't think they will decontent anything too noticeable. The Coloranyon twins and Tacos are due to be updated before 2023 and Ranger will need to maintain a high feature per dollar profile IMO. Side bet: Will the Frontier head off over the horizon soon?

Deleted member 1634

All guesses:
Rear seat delete becomes standard on XL SuperCabs; Applink and and Apple Car Play/Android becomes a separate extra cost option from Sync3; Trailer tow eliminated on 4wd XLs and become part of the the top XLT 302 and Lariat trims.
Actually, I don't think they will decontent anything too noticeable. The Coloranyon twins and Tacos are due to be updated before 2023 and Ranger will need to maintain a high feature per dollar profile IMO. Side bet: Will the Frontier head off over the horizon soon?
Well they're coming out with the next generation of Frontier in the next couple years, so they're not going to drop it anytime soon. It's been seen camo driving around already, so not too far off now.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
As the misinformed Toyota salesperson stated to me in June 2019, Ford will do Toyota one better and equip all 4x4 Rangers with drum brakes all around because drum brakes "are better suited for off roading".

Scouts honor gang, that is what she told me when I asked how come the Taco still has rear drums.
I'd state my response to her here, but the words I used may get me banned from this forum.

Salesperson shibai aside, Ford may eliminate the Stone colored interior trim and go with black exclusively, just as 'ol Henry wanted, also I'll bet they'll finally offer a dark blue metallic exterior color that I hoped the '20's would have had...grrrr! :curse::curse::curse:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
FWIW that is the official line that I've seen from senior people at Toyota, not just salesman bs.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
All guesses:
Rear seat delete becomes standard on XL SuperCabs
Rear seat delete should be standard on all supercabs with seats optional. they are useless back there unless you are only 2 feet tall. they are even too small for the mutts

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FWIW that is the official line that I've seen from senior people at Toyota, not just salesman bs.
OMG! you can't be serious...what next, Toyota lab results prove that left hand thread light bulbs last longer that traditional right threaded bulbs??? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rear seat delete should be standard on all supercabs with seats optional. they are useless back there unless you are only 2 feet tall. they are even too small for the mutts
I couldn't agree more, and I thought the rear jump seats on my '00 S/Cab were uninhabitable...

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
As the misinformed Toyota salesperson stated to me in June 2019, Ford will do Toyota one better and equip all 4x4 Rangers with drum brakes all around because drum brakes "are better suited for off roading".

Scouts honor gang, that is what she told me when I asked how come the Taco still has rear drums.
I'd state my response to her here, but the words I used may get me banned from this forum.

Salesperson shibai aside, Ford may eliminate the Stone colored interior trim and go with black exclusively, just as 'ol Henry wanted, also I'll bet they'll finally offer a dark blue metallic exterior color that I hoped the '20's would have had...grrrr! :curse::curse::curse:
I guess the real question is does the Tacoma have a problem stopping. I have not heard of people complaining about one. My G2 Tacoma certainly doesn't. While I would rather have disk brakes, in reality it is not a big deal. Most people don't care as long as the vehicle stops in a reasonable/expected distance.

LOL - while you were baiting, oops I mean complaining to the Toyota salesperson, did you also complain about the Dephi AC compressor. I am sure they would have been better off using a DENSO.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I guess the real question is does the Tacoma have a problem stopping. I have not heard of people complaining about one. My G2 Tacoma certainly doesn't. While I would rather have disk brakes, in reality it is not a big deal. Most people don't care as long as the vehicle stops in a reasonable/expected distance.

LOL - while you were baiting, oops I mean complaining to the Toyota salesperson, did you also complain about the Dephi AC compressor. I am sure they would have been better off using a DENSO.
Don't know where you got the word "complain" from, I don't remember using it in my post, a better word would be "inquiring", but yes, I do enjoy baiting salespeople.
As for the AC compressor a ND unit is vastly superior to a Delphi, just as long as they did not use one manufactured by Keihin (Honda).
To be honest though, I had zero intentions of buying a Taco, just had some time to kill and wanted to rattle some salespersons brain, she was a supremely easy target.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disk brakes aren't so much about changing the stopping distance as about avoiding brake fade due to overheating. It really isn't an issue for most people most of the time, but it does probably impact stuff like the 1000lb limit on an unbraked trailer on the tacoma and potentially gives you a little less safety margin when towing or hauling. Given that the tacoma isn't really positioned as a vehicle for heavy loads or for street racing, there's no real reason that drums are a bad choice. It's just funny to watch toyota come up with BS excuses for not putting disks on to avoid simply saying that they use drums because they're cheaper.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Disk brakes aren't so much about changing the stopping distance as about avoiding brake fade due to overheating. It really isn't an issue for most people most of the time, but it does probably impact stuff like the 1000lb limit on an unbraked trailer on the tacoma and potentially gives you a little less safety margin when towing or hauling. Given that the tacoma isn't really positioned as a vehicle for heavy loads or for street racing, there's no real reason that drums are a bad choice. It's just funny to watch toyota come up with BS excuses for not putting disks on to avoid simply saying that they use drums because they're cheaper.
If you are a boater rear drums can be downright scary when backing down the launch ramp. Compared to discs, drums brakes are almost useless.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are a boater rear drums can be downright scary when backing down the launch ramp. Compared to discs, drums brakes are almost useless.
That's not a "drum brake" problem, that's a problem with a particular implementation.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it'll finally come standard with a tailgate damper. :lipssealed: :bandit:
Id be happy with a brake pedal that applied the brakes, im trained in double application of the brake pedal to get the same response i get out of my 13' F-150.
Sponsored