• Poll closed .

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Hate it. Like all the other intrusive electronic aids. This is the only one that reminds me daily. All the other crap is switched off or minimized so much it doesn't interfere with the exception of the proximity sensors going of when i initially go up my steep driveway.

Deleted member 1634

I agree 100%. Like you, it'd be nice if it waited let's saaaay...5 seconds so stopping at a stop sign wouldn't turn it off.

It certainly takes time to get used to it but I have and I like it.

I wouldn't say your the minority...if you are, I am as well.
Looking more and more like we're in the minority for liking it. Some people's kids, I tell ya. haha

Annotation 2019-09-16 124002.png

Boz1017

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I used Forscan to disable it, I did the same with my BMW though coding, although that one isn't necessary anymore since BMW updated it.

What the Ranger does is the same behavior my BMW did back in 2012, meaning always on until turned off. People started to complain and BMW issued a software update that changed it so that it would remember the last setting instead, which works way better.

I wouldn't mind it so much if Ford had it done the same way, so it would remember the last setting. Since it doesn't, I just disabled the entire thing. I don't like being told what I can and can't do lol

This one on the Ranger is actually worse than the one on my BMW. My bimmer would wait a bit before shutting off, it also recognized traffic (stop/go) better. The Ranger doesn't do any of that.
I agree, remembering the last setting would be wonderful. My Ranger remembers what my heated seats were set to, but can't remember Start/Stop. I don't dislike the feature as I had it on my Escape, but it does take some getting used to. But have found that the Escape implementation is much smoother and I didn't notice it as much.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I start it, push the button to turn it off and/or drive in Sport mode. Pretty simple and now its just a habit....if it weren't so easy to eliminate it by those two ways I would be looking to other ways.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’m surprised how many people don’t like it. I don’t mind it at all! 2.5 weeks in and I already barely notice it.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Just plug a night light in the 12 volt socket behind front seats and it will solve the shut down problem.
concretize, please!

It‘s because we get in trouble with the authorities when we deactivate it permanently... :angry:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
It took me a while to get used to it, and even now I only use it in certain situations. For example, I do not use it for the first ride of the morning, to allow the motor and other moving parts to warm up properly. Also, because of the parking problem mentioned above, I never use it on a trip that will return me home. And, I always use the Sport or, as I call it, the "Superman," mode for freeway driving, which automatically turns the auto/stop/start feature off. Still, on most normal city driving, which does not involve my first or last trip, from or back home, I do let it stay on, and I do appreciate that, while we are standing still waiting for traffic lights to change (or trains to pass), we are not running the engine, with all the wear and tear, decreased mileage, and environmental damage that this entails....

Deleted member 1634

I’m surprised how many people don’t like it. I don’t mind it at all! 2.5 weeks in and I already barely notice it.
Agreed! It's almost to the point where I get frustrated when it doesn't shut off at a light or a stop. And I keep trying to force it to do so by lifting and re-pressing the brake, which works sometimes. It's almost turned into a fun game for me. Same with trying to eek out every last bit of mileage and range I can on longer trips.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Agreed! It's almost to the point where I get frustrated when it doesn't shut off at a light or a stop. And I keep trying to force it to do so by lifting and re-pressing the brake, which works sometimes. It's almost turned into a fun game for me. Same with trying to eek out every last bit of mileage and range I can on longer trips.
one of the menu options on the lariat display (under fuel economy) will tell you why the engine doesn't turn off. maybe available on other trims.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It makes my ham radio (wired straight to the battery) turn on and off and on and off every stop... It would also be nice if it would pause like .5 seconds longer so that I could get into park without having the truck turn off and then back on...

On my other vehicles, the same radio didn't bat an eye when the starter kicked on/off..

Going to install a battery behind the back seat with a large diode so that it stops kicking on and off.

Deleted member 1634

one of the menu options on the lariat display (under fuel economy) will tell you why the engine doesn't turn off. maybe available on other trims.
My XLT might have that, haven't found anything like it though. But I usually have an idea of why it doesn't turn off anyways. Usually it's because it's still warming up/cooling down, needs extra power for the A/C, the last shut-off was too short or too long, things like that. But I'll definitely take a look and see if I can find that on mine. Just be interesting to see if nothing else.

Thanks!

EDIT: I found it! Last "page" under the Fuel Economy tab. Interesting to see. Only problem is on the XLT, you only have the one screen, and that page takes up the whole screen for that single piece of info. I'll check it every once in awhile, but will keep my main screen as the Trip 1 Summary.

Last edited by a moderator:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I tried the on/off the brake thing too, then just held my foot on the brake and then soon after the truck shut off. It wasn't long after I started it so it must still shut off when it's ready no matter how long you've been stopped.
Sponsored