First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
I plugged the led night light in the 110 outlet when I first read about doing it. Haven’t even thought about it til reading this!!best mod ever ! Cost like 3 bucks at target
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

I tried the on/off the brake thing too, then just held my foot on the brake and then soon after the truck shut off. It wasn't long after I started it so it must still shut off when it's ready no matter how long you've been stopped.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. Still something to keep my occupied sitting at a light. haha

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the habit nearly 100% of the time of turning the S/S Off when I start up my Ranger. It's pretty much second nature now. I still get 22.7+ MPG so I can live with that.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I plugged the led night light in the 110 outlet when I first read about doing it. Haven’t even thought about it til reading this!!best mod ever ! Cost like 3 bucks at target
What? Can you expound on this please?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had the wife pick up this at target it’s a soft white led night light plugged it in to the 110 outlet all set

image.jpg

image.jpg
And this deactivates the Start/Stop function? I assume so there’s no interruption of AC power to whatever is plugged in to the socket?

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
turns on and off with the truck .I read about it on this forum, not my idea at all. works like a charm .in fact people sitting in the back compliment on the tucks "interior floor lighting " lmao they say the truck recognizes the tiny current draw stopping the start stop.will also work if you loop the trailer plug but heck this was easy and works !!(unplug it anytime you want!!)

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So, i don't mind this feature in principle but there are some huge issues. One annoyance is you can't disable it or set to opt-in vs the default on and opt-out that it is. But the real glaring issue I have with it is when it's on and say you come home. You apply your brake fully and it shuts the engine off. Okay fine, but the second you shift into park it turns the engine back on only to have you turn the ignition, and the engine, off. Why Ford? Why not have at least a 30 - 60 s delay so as to avoid this 1 second crank and shut off?

What's everyone else's experience?
I have a Glad scent product plugged into the 110V outlet on the back..Eliminated AutoStop.

20190917_175529.jpg

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
So, i don't mind this feature in principle but there are some huge issues. One annoyance is you can't disable it or set to opt-in vs the default on and opt-out that it is. But the real glaring issue I have with it is when it's on and say you come home. You apply your brake fully and it shuts the engine off. Okay fine, but the second you shift into park it turns the engine back on only to have you turn the ignition, and the engine, off. Why Ford? Why not have at least a 30 - 60 s delay so as to avoid this 1 second crank and shut off?

I am not having this issue but it may be because when I pull into the garage, I am done for the day. I honestly haven't noticed if it shuts off prior to me putting in park and pushing the start/stop button. I think a little delay would be nice for stop signs and lights about to change.

Thanks, Jim

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Had the wife pick up this at target it’s a soft white led night light plugged it in to the 110 outlet all set

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ahh. Got it. Cause of the power consumption of that light the bms prevents the start/stop... well, it is a hack but... maaaan.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
MY gas mileage actually went UP when I just refilled and had the S/S off the whole time.

LJ12727

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger

I found a hack posted here on the forum that works! Plug a battery charger or something like an LED nighlite into the AC outlet in the back of the console. This disables the stop-start feature. When you come to a stop, right when the engine would normally shut off, the Disable light comes on and the engine keeps running. I was concerned about draining the vehicle battery when the engine is off but the AC outlet is only hot when the ignition is on. Its really handy to have my Ryobi tool battery charger in the truck so its a WIN-WIN!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went back from the night light to just using the button. A bit more of a nuisance in the wife's MKC as I have to reach across the head unit to hit the off button.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I found a hack posted here on the forum that works! Plug a battery charger or something like an LED nighlite into the AC outlet in the back of the console. This disables the stop-start feature. When you come to a stop, right when the engine would normally shut off, the Disable light comes on and the engine keeps running. I was concerned about draining the vehicle battery when the engine is off but the AC outlet is only hot when the ignition is on. Its really handy to have my Ryobi tool battery charger in the truck so its a WIN-WIN!
Mine still works well and the truck smells nice LOL

View attachment 19398

unnamed55.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0