Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Pool operations
Having had my new Ranger one week , 2 things that annoy me
1 shutting off the damn shut off switch every time i drive
2 going from gas pedal to brake pedal top of shoe gets kinda hung up on lower dash plastic
Anyone else notice these? Thanks
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Auto start/stop is a pain and many options to fix this.

For the plastic you are talking about is the drivers side floor air duct. That is what you are hitting. What can you do to fix it? Dont lift you foot so high? Or remove the duct? Your call but that is what i can say.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
2 going from gas pedal to brake pedal top of shoe gets kinda hung up on lower dash plastic
I can help you solve your first problem. Just plug in a LED night light into the 110v and no more ASS.

Can't help with the second as I've never had an issue with this. I guess having a small size 8 shoe comes in handy sometimes. ?

Night Light.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Yup as other OP said your foot is hitting the plastic heating duct. It’s pretty flimsy and easy to remove. If you cut a few inches off bottom and pop it back in should work for you. On the other. Many ways to bypass it. Might want to look into Forscan it’s free when you register and modest cost to get longtime use out of it. Plenty of options with that too. There will be many more ‘tweaks’ you can do software wise.

Welcome to the club!

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Definitely noticed #2. My work boots are size 13 so I mainly notice it when wearing those, luckily its only a 10min drive to work. Can't imagine how annoying it'll be though wearing giant insulated snow boots. Probably will just have to drive in a different pair and swap when I get out.

Last edited:

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve owned several new vehicles recently; the auto stop/start is a feature on the Ranger, Honda’s and my last two new Mercedes Benz. It’s just part of automakers meeting emissions standards. On your Ranger, as well as doing as others have mentioned above, you can drive in sport mode to disable the feature.

As far as the foot problem, I haven’t run into that. Maybe your handle “YETI”tiarc explains part of the issue? In all seriousness, I’d try different shoes or try moving the seat back so the feet aren’t quite so upright.

All the best.

Last edited:

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I guess I just don’t understand the hate for the auto start/stop. The starter is more than capable of meeting the demand of the extra starts. The Ranger’s engine restarts so quickly I barely notice it. No need for the engine to continue to idle if I’m at a long light.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I guess I just don’t understand the hate for the auto start/stop. The starter is more than capable of meeting the demand of the extra starts. The Ranger’s engine restarts so quickly I barely notice it. No need for the engine to continue to idle if I’m at a long light.
No doubt that it can handle it but there are people out there like myself that just dont want it. That is as simple as it gets.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
No doubt that it can handle it but there are people out there like myself that just dont want it. That is as simple as it gets.
Works for me. Whatever floats your boat, lol.

Since the system is likely a part of meeting fuel economy or emissions specs, I’m honestly surprised we still get the option of disabling it with a button. Albeit, temporarily.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I have size 12 boots I wear for the winter (they were out of 11’s) and I personally have had zero problems going back and forth from the pedals.

When I first got the Ranger, I used to shut ithe auto stop/start off, but now I am used to it. I think the type of traffic people drive in would be a large factor in the like or dislike of the feature.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Strange....
I have neither of those but I do have a couple of issues. Most notably, Sophia Vegara won't quit stalking me since I got the truck.