SOLVED: Shimmer / slight lugging in rear when accelerating at low speed?

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yep, I get the vibration too. It reminds me of running over the rumble bumps on the side of the road (just less intense). It's odd...like I can almost feel it in the steering. It's not a deal-breaker though. I love my Ranger.
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
... they could at least do the simple thing of making sure the tire pressure is remotely close to correct before I drive it off the lot.
I completely and totally agree. Was only offering reasons why the tire pressures were so high to begin with. Definitely was not trying to defend the dealerships in any way. As much as they make off us customers, proper tire pressure is something they should do.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
@RCMUSTANG is this the issue you believe you have solved with the Accel coil packs?
My issue is at cold start up there's a bit of a stumble. Coils cleared that up for me.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Yes, I’ve noticed the low speed shudder. It almost feels like the fuel supply is clogged.

Not having driven a pickup truck or any rear wheel drive vehicle, in decades, it is hard to tell if this is truly a problem or just me being hyper aware of my truck’s nuances. It does seem very light up front compared to my wife’s wheel drive Lexus SUV, so I may be feeling the road and not something caused internally.?

I may have the dealer run a diagnostic check when I do an oil change to to be sure.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Yes, I’ve noticed the low speed shudder. It almost feels like the fuel supply is clogged.

Not having driven a pickup truck or any rear wheel drive vehicle, in decades, it is hard to tell if this is truly a problem or just me being hyper aware of my truck’s nuances. It does seem very light up front compared to my wife’s front wheel drive Lexus SUV, so I may be feeling the road and not something caused internally.?

I may have the dealer run a diagnostic check when I do an oil change to to be sure.
Now my check engine light came on. Could it be an injector issue? Hmmmm ...

timmonsdesign

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Wow, I am noticing this same low speed vibration/shudder issue. I feel it mostly when braking and the truck gets down to 10-20 mph or so. Same thing when I accelerate from a stop. I’ve never driven a RWD pickup before but I can’t imagine this is normal. The tester I drove felt similar so I’m not sure. Anxious to see if anyone has a resolution to this.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I am noticing this same low speed vibration/shudder issue. I feel it mostly when braking and the truck gets down to 10-20 mph or so. Same thing when I accelerate from a stop. I’ve never driven a RWD pickup before but I can’t imagine this is normal. The tester I drove felt similar so I’m not sure. Anxious to see if anyone has a resolution to this.
i do not have this issue.

when was your truck built? most likely your issue will be resolved with a TSB/software upgrade.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Door sticker says 2/19. Does that fall under the TSB dates?
You'd need to look at the blend date to get the actual day of the month, but I believe it was 2/12 or 2/14 or something like that - anything built before that date is a candidate - so it looks likely that you need it.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Tire pressure explains an issue I have been feeling, I noticed my app said tire pressure was 41, when driving on a concrete freeway with water grooves cut in my truck feels like its tracking, or darting back and forth! When on a smooth blacktop it disappears! This is at highway speed. Truck is in getting a bed liner sprayed in, I will readjust air pressure then. Truck has just over 200 miles. Truck is also going to be checked for the Auto Stop Start not working,. I could care less, but wondering if I have a weak battery!

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Lowering tire pressure helped mask it a bit but I’m still getting the low rpm stumbles. Anyone able to solve this ? Build 3/19

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Lowering tire pressure helped mask it a bit but I’m still getting the low rpm stumbles. Anyone able to solve this ? Build 3/19
Did you get TSB for injectors and trans shifting? If not that might help

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Did you get TSB for injectors and trans shifting? If not that might help
No, I haven’t gotten anything done yet. It sounded like from the forum the shifting one was for pre 2.19 builds. I’m still trying to get grasp on what should be done before i go take it in.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
No, I haven’t gotten anything done yet. It sounded like from the forum the shifting one was for pre 2.19 builds. I’m still trying to get grasp on what should be done before i go take it in.
My build was after that date and they did mine,big difference
Sponsored