First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Builder
Hi Everyone ,I am new to this site ,I thought this information might help Reading the article on high pitch noise problem ford ranger , In Regards to 2019 Ford Ranger high pitched noise when accelerating have a good look a the top intercooler hose for a crack ! . Common fault with the ford rangers 5 cylinder engines , Ford Australia has discovered a major fault with the top intercooler hose , If your Ford is still under ford factory warrantee this fault is fixed free of charge by the dealer , just like my 2019 ford ranger XLT was this week (30/05/2023) . Sometimes the split or crack isn't always seen straight away . the factory top hose has a mesh sleeve with another rubber sleeve under the mesh then on the turbo hose . this mesh is to prevent wear from hose contact to another rubber hose . In my case a crack was discovered under the rubber/mess sleeve . The down side is if your ford ranger is still under ford warrantee you may have a wait on parts, Due to the high demand for this part . The up side is ford is looking for a better product to improve the quality of Rubber parts . A aftermarket hose is also available on ebay Australia costing between $97.00 to $165.00 . cheer Paul
Sponsored