First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Union Millwright (Retired)
5,400+ miles, so I took it to the dealer for her 1st oil change. Like the mechanic suggested, just rotate your tires at every oil change and change the filter while the left front tire is out of the way. It's not necessary, but it sure gives you a lot more room to work. That's the way I'll be doing it. They had four 2019 Rangers for sale at Ford AutoNation in Wickliffe, Oh yesterday if anyone is looking.

20190402_172602.jpg
Sponsored

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
As you new owners rack up the miles on this GDI 2.3, do any of you have a maintenance plan on keeping those valves clean? Every 15K at the dealer? Home remedies? Don't think about it?
When ever I do get this truck, that's one thing I'll be thinking about. Top engine clean every 15-30K. Being that there's no port injectors, and some of us just baby it too much, might be something to think about.
Being a master technician, I'm a maintenance fanatic.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
As you new owners rack up the miles on this GDI 2.3, do any of you have a maintenance plan on keeping those valves clean? Every 15K at the dealer? Home remedies? Don't think about it?
When ever I do get this truck, that's one thing I'll be thinking about. Top engine clean every 15-30K. Being that there's no port injectors, and some of us just baby it too much, might be something to think about.
No, that's nuts :crackup:

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
I got into the habit long ago of rotating the tires at every 5k full synth oil change. As you say Rigwright it is not needed to take the wheel off to access the oil filter. Does make it easier to reach the filter and it is smart to rotate the tires anyway. I enjoy doing a bit of minor maintenance on my vehicles.

Toytec I will most likely add an oil catch can to my Ranger. Ran one on my turbo Jetta for a long time and it is amazing how much stuff gets fed back into the intake. Granted they are two completely different engines and the 2.3 ecoboost much more advanced.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
So just what maintenance procedure does the dealer do to clean those valves?
What schedule?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
BG is a company many dealerships use for engine ,trans, and fuel system chemical cleaners.
Like BG 44K? That is what you are referring to?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Like BG 44K? That is what you are referring to?
I think the 44k is a pour in the tank cleaner which wouldnt work here. I think they have a spray type that goes in air intake for direct injected engines. I have been retired for 10 years from the automotive field and havent kept currant with the newest technology.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Looks like BG 271&272. It as 2 part kit,but I dont think its sold to the general public.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I'll give a big thumbs up to BG. They make outstanding products. "Bearings and Gears" is what BG stands for. You may be getting service discount coupons in the mail from your Ford dealers. Definitely take advantage of a BG top engine clean.

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
BG Product? What is a BG Product?
Unfortunately the BG is professional only. DIY I would recommend either SeaFoam SS14 or CRC 05319. Either of which you can get from pretty much any auto-parts store.

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Just took mine for 10000 change, Supposed to rotate tires but that never happened as I marked the driver rear as pictured, of course mech said he did till I showed him the pic . Also cked oil today and it’s a quart low. Not a happy camper right now

B4A1CE57-0053-4932-A7F3-8044E692F67D.jpeg
Sponsored