Class Action Lawsuit Filed over MPG Ratings

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yeah don't know who is writing these articles but its all probably started from one angry person... someone needs to send them a comment about our forum and our satisfaction lol
I think you mean, "one greedy person". Some lawyer's going to make a fortune.
Sponsored

jjmanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
I am getting 21 mpg combined; mostly because I’ve been driving in rush hour traffic 4 days a week. Not great, still within the advertised range.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what I'm looking at to date:
T3hGjSf.png

I wouldn't say I'm mad about it, but its not meeting advertised MPG.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's what I'm looking at to date:
T3hGjSf.png

I wouldn't say I'm mad about it, but its not meeting advertised MPG.
The 4x4 is rated at 20/24, and you can subtract from that with the FX4 air dam delete. You put wider tires on, which also subtract a bit. So I'd say you seem to be well within the range of driver variation. Do you drive it conservatively? Highway or no?

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
On average the trip computer is about 1 MPG above what I calculate by hand. That being said my MPG is between 21 and 22 for my commute. For an FX4 SuperCrew Lariat in a mix of roads with lights and traffic that is not too shabby and within the advertised MPG. I don't like that the truck's computer is optimistic but I rarely look at it anyway. I prefer to get the data myself.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
put on 700 miles this past weekend. 90% highway 65-75mph. according to the truck 23.7 avg. I'm fine with that with under 1k miles on the truck. still better than my 4x2 taco.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The 4x4 is rated at 20/24, and you can subtract from that with the FX4 air dam delete. You put wider tires on, which also subtract a bit. So I'd say you seem to be well within the range of driver variation. Do you drive it conservatively? Highway or no?
I still have the stock tires on and for the most part I've been driving 'grandpa-ish' just to see what kind of MPG I can get out of it.

EDIT: don't know what kind of difference it makes, but mostly sea level driving.

EDIT2: keep in mind I'm dealing with "los angeles traffic", which sucks. My commute is either 100 street, or 75/25 highway/street depending on what route i take. It doesn't make too drastic of a difference with either.

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
I've been consistently getting 21-22 MPG since I've got the truck and I'm at 1200 miles. 4x4, SuperCab, non-FX4. My commute is mixed city/highway and I'm not driving it like grandpa, but I'm not driving it like I stole it either. I'd say the computer consistently reads about 1 MPG higher than hand calculations. I'm pleased with it, but if Ford throws some settlement $$, I'll partake haha.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have the stock tires on and for the most part I've been driving 'grandpa-ish' just to see what kind of MPG I can get out of it.

EDIT: don't know what kind of difference it makes, but mostly sea level driving.

EDIT2: keep in mind I'm dealing with "los angeles traffic", which sucks. My commute is either 100 street, or 75/25 highway/street depending on what route i take. It doesn't make too drastic of a difference with either.
Ok, from your profile I thought you'd put on new wheels and tires. Putting that aside, your average for the past 800 miles or so is 19.8 MPG. If that's in traffic, I'd say that's reasonably close to the 20 MPG city estimate. Mine will get over 23 if I do long stretches (road trips) at 65 MPH, then fall when I'm back in city driving or stop & go. Bringing 4k pounds up to speed from a stop over and over really kills the fuel economy--even going up in the mountains and back I get better mileage (going at a fairly constant 30-40MPH in the mountains + there and back on the highway) than I do around town. Auto stop/start seems to make a big difference at lights & such, but is much less effective in air conditioning weather.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
Loaded Lariat with FX4. I put BFG KO2s. 100% city driving. I’m getting 21.8. Only have 800 miles on it.

That’s pretty exact to what Ford says I should get. Matter of fact, it’s the ONLY car I’ve ever had that met its sticker rating.

Hopefully Ford stands up to them and sends them packing. No that I don’t like free money, but these law suits are ridiculous.