First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
DHS
I have a 2021 Ford Ranger and after my lift was done I found out there was a factory defect that caused a lean on the left rear. My lean is resulting in the right rear being 3/4" higher than the left rear. Supposedly the lean is because because of the gas tank but never the less Fords poor attempt to fix it was to put a 1/4" leaf spring plate in which did basically nothing. Also ReadyLift knew of this defect but said nothing and still sold the lift kit. This is a Ford factory defect causing cosmetic, mechanical, and safety issues that has not been completely addressed and fixed by Ford. If anyone is interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit please let me know. I want to see if there is any interest. I for one am spending a chunk of money trying to get this defect fixed and my truck level in the rear.
Sponsored

Doogie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 2wd/ 2003 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Re(tired) Electrician
I have a 2021 Ford Ranger and after my lift was done I found out there was a factory defect that caused a lean on the left rear. My lean is resulting in the right rear being 3/4" higher than the left rear. Supposedly the lean is because because of the gas tank but never the less Fords poor attempt to fix it was to put a 1/4" leaf spring plate in which did basically nothing. Also ReadyLift knew of this defect but said nothing and still sold the lift kit. This is a Ford factory defect causing cosmetic, mechanical, and safety issues that has not been completely addressed and fixed by Ford. If anyone is interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit please let me know. I want to see if there is any interest. I for one am spending a chunk of money trying to get this defect fixed and my truck level in the rear.
Yes! I just recently noticed a lean on my truck. I'm posting a pic so you can see. I've done nothing to the suspension on my truck. I'm pissed. I've only
IMG_20220223_141701~2.jpg
got 17k miles

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
While it sucks you're going through this IMHO a class action lawsuit is pointless. You're going to get pennies on the dollar and some lawyer will be the only one getting rich off of this. I've done a few of these over the years and I've never seen the people who deserve the money get their fair share.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I too have entered into class actions. The lawyers get the bulk, and the one(s) starting it get some, after that, pennies is what everyone gets, PLUS, getting that settlement means they can't go after on their own. The purpose, I suppose, is to get as many names down to show said company how many people are pissed off, so settle with us and the rest are out of luck.
No thanks...

Doogie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Re(tired) Electrician
I too have entered into class actions. The lawyers get the bulk, and the one(s) starting it get some, after that, pennies is what everyone gets, PLUS, getting that settlement means they can't go after on their own. The purpose, I suppose, is to get as many names down to show said company how many people are pissed off, so settle with us and the rest are out of luck.
No thanks...
I just want it fixed

OP
OP
Tharakath

Tharakath

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
DHS
I agree a lawsuit would more than likely be fruitless and just knock on the door of Ford. Why dont we get a petition/request going to send to Ford so maybe they will finally come up with a fix. Not wanting to piss off Ford customers and keep them happy would seem ideal for Ford. Especially with the new Ranger Raptor coming out....

Doogie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Re(tired) Electrician
I agree a lawsuit would more than likely be fruitless and just knock on the door of Ford. Why dont we get a petition/request going to send to Ford so maybe they will finally come up with a fix. Not wanting to piss off Ford customers and keep them happy would seem ideal for Ford. Especially with the new Ranger Raptor coming
Is this happening to 2wd and 4wd

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
While it sucks you're going through this IMHO a class action lawsuit it pointless. You're going to get pennies on the dollar and some lawyer will be the only one getting rich off of this. I've done a few of these over the years and I've never seen the people who deserve the money get their fair share.
Do you really think a lawyer is going to get rich off of this particular case if it even becomes a class action suit ? I'm skeptical.

OP
OP
Tharakath

Tharakath

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
DHS
Yes! I just recently noticed a lean on my truck. I'm posting a pic so you can see. I've done nothing to the suspension on my truck. I'm pissed. I've only
IMG_20220223_141701~2.jpg
got 17k miles
you might want to look into ordering some of Fords "fix" leaf spring plates. your local ford dealer can order them. i ordered two from memphis, tn factory. you could have ford put one or two on your left rear depending on how bad your lean is

***the factory leaf spring plate "fix" is part#: KB3Z5798A $68.00 a piece

OP
OP
Tharakath

Tharakath

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
DHS
I just want it fixed
you might want to look into ordering some of Fords "fix" leaf spring plates. your local ford dealer can order them. i ordered two from memphis, tn factory. you could have ford put one or two on your left rear depending on how bad your lean is

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I'd imagine in order for big bucks, there would have to be big danger/injury etc of some sort. Didn't look at mine recently, but if it was leaning, I'd want it fixed.
I'm sure from reading his posts, Phil would say something along the line of
Go to dealer
If they don't help, open a case
If that don't work, escalate

Doogie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Re(tired) Electrician

[/ It seems like my warranty would cover this

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

I sure wouldn't want to pay to have fixed, if it was not normal, posed danger or of the like...

Good to know that there is a posssible fix though.
Sponsored