First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
The last bailout involved the US Gov taking stock position in GM (500m shares) and when all shares were sold it was at a $10.5B loss while GM had financially recovered sufficiently to hold billions in cash reserves. At the time it was reported that GM urged the gov to sell their shares because it was hurting sales as some customers wouldn't buy GM products because they disapproved of the gov ownership.
Makes perfect sense, doesn't it :rolleyes::rolleyes:
GM=guberment motors. Made my decision to buy Ford in 2010 easy.
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I posted about my lean on another thread on this forum. There are a few of us on here with Rangers that lean. I brought it to my dealer and they ran a diagnostic…basically took measurements. They found that the driver side rear is lower (leans) by 1/2 an inch. When they took measurements, I had less then a quarter tank of gas. I was told they contacted Ford to see if this was a known issue…I haven’t heard back…not getting good vibes. I just want them to remove the passenger side shim under the leaf to see if that levels me out. ??‍♂

2D5429F1-17FC-4AC7-BC4E-CF04F3836FE3.jpeg
It would be interesting to find out the actual reason (putting speculation aside) why some Rangers have a tilt and others don't? Please advise, if you can get any facts about this. Thanks.

Last edited:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Here's a leaner....should I write this thread link on a sticky note and leave it for the guy?

20220228_152355.jpg
It's leaning away from the Toyota next to it.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I've periodically wondered if my truck might have a slight lean to it, so this thread inspired me to finally measure it. Sure enough, measured to the top of the rear wheel wells, the right side is about a half inch higher than the left.

So let's say I'm part of a lawsuit against Ford. You're the judge. The facts are indisputable: Ford made and sold me the truck, and the left side is a half inch lower than the right. Given those facts, how much compensation do you rule that Ford owes me?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I've periodically wondered if my truck might have a slight lean to it, so this thread inspired me to finally measure it. Sure enough, measured to the top of the rear wheel wells, the right side is about a half inch higher than the left.

So let's say I'm part of a lawsuit against Ford. You're the judge. The facts are indisputable: Ford made and sold me the truck, and the left side is a half inch lower than the right. Given those facts, how much compensation do you rule that Ford owes me?
If it's not a defect or a safety issue, exactly $0.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Joe,
My feeling is that a lawsuit is not necessary, but it is reasonable for Ford (the designer and builder of these trucks) to at least give an explanation as to why some of them are tilted and others are not. My Dealer's service dept. assured me that this is not a concern but could not give an explanation as to the reason for the tilt. This issue is important to some of us owners otherwise this thread would not exist.

I personally would like to know if this is a situation that can or cannot create mechanical or safety problems and if deemed so then how to fix it...again from Ford, not from speculation. If this tilt is not problematic then I opt for the wisdom of the proverbial saying, "if it ain't broke don't fix it." I respect the advice from Phil @ P. A. Schilke who was a longtime insider professional at Ford, that if you are concerned then file a formal complaint and give Ford an equitable opportunity to work toward this :)

2019-2022 Ford Ranger suspension DEFECT class action | Page 2 | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

Last edited:

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
My truck leans half and inch as well.

I'm struggling to understand why Ford did this, especially since NA has different suspension.

Can someone walk through how I can fix it?

PN and method?

Last edited:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
It's not what Ford did..... it's what they failed to do, this problem goes way back, they have been aware of it for a long time.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
It leans left in order to compensate for road crown. That way the truck is level while driving down the highway.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
is this 2019 all over again? I know this was talked about and explained three years ago.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
is this 2019 all over again? I know this was talked about and explained three years ago.
Talked about yes, explained not sure. Only fix I remember is put a shim in it or check your OCD at the door. Stop looking at the back of your truck, get in and drive it. Evidently plus or minus half inch is within acceptable limits.