Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Hellwig is going to borrow my ranger when I get it end of April for sway bar fitment front and rear, I believe they have quick disconnects to allow uninhibited flex off-road. I am hoping to also get airbags fited for towing and load leveling. We put hellwig sway bars on the fleet superduties, they corner real flat
That is great news !!!! I don't really need the quick disconnects, but I'd rather buy one that is designed for our truck instead of getting a kit and hoping I don't screw it up. Make sure you post when you know more :thumbsup:
Sponsored

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Hellwig is going to borrow my ranger when I get it end of April for sway bar fitment front and rear, I believe they have quick disconnects to allow uninhibited flex off-road. I am hoping to also get airbags fited for towing and load leveling. We put hellwig sway bars on the fleet superduties, they corner real flat

The last Hellwig swaybar I bought for a Ranger was junk. It clamped to the shock mounts and would never stay tight. At the time, I ended up buying the sway bar and hardware from Ford and it was actually cheaper. I hope Hellwig has changed their mounting system.

Deleted member 773

The last Hellwig swaybar I bought for a Ranger was junk. It clamped to the shock mounts and would never stay tight. At the time, I ended up buying the sway bar and hardware from Ford and it was actually cheaper. I hope Hellwig has changed their mounting system.
We have been happy with sway bars so far, no issues with loosening up. They mount to the stock sway bar locations, not sure how the ranger will be setup this time though.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Any news on lowering options for the 2019 Ford Ranger? Surely there are more than two or three of us that are interested in a lowered Ranger?
Not yet. Doc on here has a place close to him, but I don't think he has his truck yet. I'm positive he will post something when he knows. "Patience is a virtue, but waiting still sucks" -- Me

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Not yet. Doc on here has a place close to him, but I don't think he has his truck yet. I'm positive he will post something when he knows. "Patience is a virtue, but waiting still sucks" -- Me
Hi guys
No truck yet...ordered dec 19..sooo.....still waiting..
Regards
Doc

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
@BurgerBlaster Any updates ? Did you get your truck yet ?

Deleted member 773

Yeah been testing it for a few weeks. Handling is wayyyy better. Rear end feels pretty solid, you still get body roll but it rolls to a certain point then stops. There’s a tendency to over steer if you lift mid corner but they are thinking a slightly stiffer front sway bar will correct that. Makes it fun off road sliding it around around tho. Air bag kit was designed and mocked up, I think they will have it ready pretty soon.

19SilverRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Yeah been testing it for a few weeks. Handling is wayyyy better. Rear end feels pretty solid, you still get body roll but it rolls to a certain point then stops. There’s a tendency to over steer if you lift mid corner but they are thinking a slightly stiffer front sway bar will correct that. Makes it fun off road sliding it around around tho. Air bag kit was designed and mocked up, I think they will have it ready pretty soon.
Any more news? Dying to get a rear sway bar on mine.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Per the posts so far, am I correct the Lariet also does not have a rear sway bar? Thought Ford learned from the Explorer what sway bars do? Would like to add one also. Did not look a lot but are there mounting holes for the mount and end links or is this going to be a bigger mod to do?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Per the posts so far, am I correct the Lariet also does not have a rear sway bar? Thought Ford learned from the Explorer what sway bars do? Would like to add one also. Did not look a lot but are there mounting holes for the mount and end links or is this going to be a bigger mod to do?
Correct. None of the Ranger models have a rear sway bar, but Hellwig is working on one, and may be working on a beefier front unit. We won't know much more until 19SilverRanger gets his.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Correct. None of the Ranger models have a rear sway bar, but Hellwig is working on one, and may be working on a beefier front unit. We won't know much more until 19SilverRanger gets his.
Thanks. Will tune in!

Deleted member 773

Sway bar kits are still in testing/production. They will be bolt on and from the previous kits I’ve installed, pretty simple to do.

If you look at my build thread, you can see pics of the prototype I have been testing.

It will be well worth the wait, the handling is fantastic with the rear bar. I would highly recommend getting the quick disconnect if it’s an option when they release the kit, Ive taken the truck off road and it’s stiff enough to unweight a tire over small ruts and bumps. I’ll call them tomorrow and see if they have an updated release date or more info to pass along.

I passed along the interest you guys have shown for a lowering kit for the rear, hopefully they will have an update on that too.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I made an oops......the info will come from BurgerBlaster, not 19SilverRanger. Sorry about that @BurgerBlaster :facepalm: