Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Of course I spent over 6 hours waiting for the download, converting it to two of my USB sticks, reformatting my USB's and finally going out to do the update...still errors when I put it in the vehicle. Now this morning I cannot re-download the update...:explode:

*edit*
Of course I think its an issue of not reading instructions...forgot to put the licence file in the Sync3file on the USB. Was outside. So I guess tonight after work I get to have some more fun...Still is odd we cannot download the update, or did Ford only allow one download?
ford update.jpg
Go to the email you received about your order and there is a link to re-download the files.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Had the sam Error 05 happen to me today. Can’t count how many hours I have spend downloading, unzipping, reformatting, etc. Super frustrating and no updates. I downloaded the file again tonight after getting the initial 05 error. Unzipped it and downloaded it to the thumb drive. Got the same message as before. Any ideas??

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Had the sam Error 05 happen to me today. Can’t count how many hours I have spend downloading, unzipping, reformatting, etc. Super frustrating and no updates. I downloaded the file again tonight after getting the initial 05 error. Unzipped it and downloaded it to the thumb drive. Got the same message as before. Any ideas??
OS X or Windows? What does the file structure look like on the USB drive? Make sure you didn't un-TAR any of the individual packages within /SyncMyRide.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
OS X or Windows? What does the file structure look like on the USB drive? Make sure you didn't un-TAR any of the individual packages within /SyncMyRide.
I tried it both ways. Tried OS X first and then Windows with same result. Other than copying the files from the computer to the thumb drive I did nothing to corrupt them.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Looks like somehow I am one of the lucky ones with the update already installed. Build date was early April

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I tried it both ways. Tried OS X first and then Windows with same result. Other than copying the files from the computer to the thumb drive I did nothing to corrupt them.
Did you format the flash drive with exFAT file system?

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
That I did not do. Could that be the problem?
That is likely one of your problems, In addition I don't see the license file in the SyncMyRide folder (XXX-14G424-XX.TAR.GZ ) .. That's the "Error 05 " message... One last thing, its best to use a 32gb USB 3.0 stick as a 16gb is cutting it close..

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
I am using a 32 Gb 3 thumb, but will look into the missing file and redo the format again. Thanks for your input.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
That is likely one of your problems, In addition I don't see the license file in the SyncMyRide folder (XXX-14G424-XX.TAR.GZ ) .. That's the "Error 05 " message... One last thing, its best to use a 32gb USB 3.0 stick as a 16gb is cutting it close..
I am using a 32 Gb 3 thumb, but will look into the missing file and redo the format again. Thanks for your input.

I was able to load successfully this morning. I just checked the file names and sizes and they match exactly Josh's from the first post in this thread. If you get your stick to match his, you should be good to go!

Last edited:

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Did the exFat format and made sure the license was in the file and it seems to work now. I don’t have time to actually do the update tonight, but it has recognized the update and asked if I wanted to proceed so it looks like it works. Thanks for your input and guidance.

Is there a way to do the update without actually having the truck run, like in accessory mode?

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
That's how I did mine.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That's how I did mine.
How did you keep it from shutting off after 10 mins or so?

I did mine when driving back from the beach last weekend. I was surprised how long it took.
Sponsored