Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the rear spring and rear end a shackle kit won’t work.
It would have to be a new spring for a mild lowering or under axel for what looks like what’s in the above picture.

IMO.
If they come out with a lower rear leaf set that maintains the load capacity (or close) and lowers it to level or an inch higher than level, I'll definitely buy a set.
Sponsored

Hansgti

First Name
Simin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Not my trucks, but I might also need to lower mine yet.
The rear easy, flip the axle
The front end on all of the US trucks looks to use the same shock as the Hi Rider trucks here in Thailand.
The shocks have a 3 inch extension on the bottom of it.
I'll try and post pics of the differences between my std cab normal height version later, but basically the std version doesn't have the extension.
The coil springs are the same length.

img_115441_1551102080_70531.jpg

Last edited:

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
@Hansgti,
Thanks for posting more photos. You said the rear axle sits above the leaf springs from the factory in your country.
Could you please measure the length of the urethane bump stops on your truck. The US bump stops are just a bit over 100 mm - 4 inches long for the under the spring mounted rear axle. There is a photo of the bump stop on post #15 from @Rinn69 on page one of this thread. It's in the lower left on the picture.
Does your bump stop look like that?

Reactions: Doc

Hansgti

First Name
Simin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
@Hansgti,
Thanks for posting more photos. You said the rear axle sits above the leaf springs from the factory in your country.
Could you please measure the length of the urethane bump stops on your truck. The US bump stops are just a bit over 100 mm - 4 inches long for the under the spring mounted rear axle. There is a photo of the bump stop on post #15 from @Rinn69 on page one of this thread. It's in the lower left on the picture.
Does your bump stop look like that?
No, the bumpstops clamped on the axle.

20190817_184029.jpg

royalpond

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 supercrew back pack, 1965 F100, 2011 Taurus SHO, 1990 Mustang GT
I just made a bunch of inquiries to:

A local (Phoenix, AZ) custom leaf spring manufacturer, DJM Suspension, Eibach and Belltech with regards to development of products for us 19 Ranger 2wd owners interested in lowering. Giving them an idea of the amount of owners on here interested and asked about the possibility of getting one of our trucks in their hands to evaluate.

Most excited about my inquiry to Hotchkis, I had a full performance Hotchkis kit on my Dakota R/T back in the day and it was incredible.

I'll let y'all know what I hear. Thanks

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
Yes I am interested. Located in St. George, Utah and willing to drive to PHX if they need to see a 2wd Ranger.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

A local (Phoenix, AZ) custom leaf spring manufacturer, DJM Suspension, Eibach and Belltech with regards to development of products for us 19 Ranger 2wd owners interested in lowering.
Mine is a 4x4, but the rear should be the same....unless someone knows for sure if there is a difference between the 2 and 4 wheel drive rear end :question:

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

A local (Phoenix, AZ) custom leaf spring manufacturer, DJM Suspension, Eibach and Belltech with regards to development of products for us 19 Ranger 2wd owners interested in lowering. Giving them an idea of the amount of owners on here interested and asked about the possibility of getting one of our trucks in their hands to evaluate.

Most excited about my inquiry to Hotchkis, I had a full performance Hotchkis kit on my Dakota R/T back in the day and it was incredible.

I'll let y'all know what I hear. Thanks
Mine is available for R+D
2019 xl 2wd super cab

Last edited:

royalpond

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 supercrew back pack, 1965 F100, 2011 Taurus SHO, 1990 Mustang GT
Belltech rep said they'd forward on to their R&D team. Still the only ones to respond so far.