First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I can see a lot of very upset people due to this. ?

I'll just keep using my damper less tailgate since it isn't heavy to begin with.
Smart man, I notice I can no longer do 40lb curls with my left arm after installing a Damper, need to have a chat with Dave, its his fault!

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
that is a touchy subject as I have to prove beyond a doubt that a mod has caused ill effect on the vehicle or altered performance in any way, truly the best answer I can give is the Magnuson vs Moss act. In my experience however I have not seen many cases of mods as 90% of the vehicles I see are bone stock but have denied a couple 3.5l ecoboost needing engines due to tuning issues (yes, we can tell, no I cannot tell you how) customers took it well knowing that the tune was the issue. and a couple Tailgate dampers............
I think the big question from tuned folks would be does the tune = auto reject on some claims or does it have to be clear the tune actually caused the issue?

OP
OP
21Blackout

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Warranty Administrator for FMC
lol, ok I'd like to report Rob VanDoren (not sure the spelling) was employed at the dealer I bought my RS at, Lookout Ford, currently at the Sanders Ford Swansboro, NC location for refusing to perform the 17B32 test on my RS in February of 2018. I had only been complaining about coolant lose to him for about 6 months prior to that TSB getting published and he said that was normal, which it's not on a sealed system like the RS has. I had to go 50 miles away to get the service done instead of the 10 miles to Lookout. Prior to that when we could see a leak from between the engine and transmission, he refused to look into it as they didn't see any fluids low enough to know. Shortly after the car would not go in gear and it turned out to be the clutch cylinder. Oh, and then tried to play off the clutch getting replaced as a favor, really what an effin tool. He didn't like that I called him out on that as soon as he said it, told him that there was no way that was not going to be in warranty when the damage to it was from the brake fluid leaking on to it, a leak he refused to investigate, perhaps before any other parts were damaged.
I think you misunderstand my position as I work for a dealer not Ford directly while it is a shame that a local dealer was unable to comply with your requests, there is not much I can do from my end

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all new to the forum but wanted to let you guys know that if you have warranty coverage ? I am more than willing to help as I'm a Warranty Administrator for a Ford Dealer. Regards Brian
Hi Brian,

What is your take on a Front Differential drop where you have to cut off the frame attachment for lifts of the front end more than a few inches. I am horrified by this company offering this "diff drop" using terrible "engineering".

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
21Blackout

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Hi Brian,

What is your take on a Front Differential drop where you have to cut off the frame attachment for lifts of the front end more than a few inches. I am horrified by this company offering this "diff drop" using terrible "engineering".

Best,
Phil

ALTERED BEYOND REPAIR = VOID, that type of lift is a hard no go the entire suspension geometry is modified

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
ALTERED BEYOND REPAIR = VOID, that type of lift is a hard no go the entire suspension geometry is modified
Hi Brian,

Thank you...I have voice this but from the Engineering side, it has been dismissed as Poshee...

Thanks for your reply which reinforces my position on how foolish it is unless you, the owner, assume responsibility for the Mod.

best,
Phil

OP
OP
21Blackout

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Hi Brian,

Thank you...I have voice this but from the Engineering side, it has been dismissed as Poshee...

Thanks for your reply which reinforces my position on how foolish it is unless you, the owner, assume responsibility for the Mod.

best,
Phil

I couldn't say it better myself, this mod would not void all warranty coverage but suspension is out the window at a minimum

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Hi Brian,

Best,
Phil
I couldn't even imagine contemplating, much less doing such a thing to my Ranger. Scary to think trucks like that are riding down the highway.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
OK I just came in from the garage after removing the damper!!! yes the tunes and lift kits are always interesting topics.

Watching for a friend. :)

LB

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
OK I just came in from the garage after removing the damper!!! yes the tunes and lift kits are always interesting topics.

Watching for a friend. :)

LB

You will be able to regain any lost muscle strength now that the damper has been removed. ?
Sponsored