Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sure that's what they say....For now.
I don’t know what everyone’s freaking out over. Even if it was true, problem solved… ?

6AACC7EC-618F-4D01-85D7-0CD26A92BB8B.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don’t know what everyone’s freaking out over. Even if it was true, problem solved… ?

6AACC7EC-618F-4D01-85D7-0CD26A92BB8B.jpeg
While that’s funny sadly you’ll probably have to do something similar. Lol The last thing I’ll trust is the government telling me “they’re not going to do that”. In other words “that’s exactly what we’re going to do’. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
While that’s funny sadly you’ll probably have to do something similar. Lol The last thing I’ll trust is the government telling me “they’re not going to do that”. In other words “that’s exactly what we’re going to do’. ?
I’ll be fine, what could go wrong? ?

DD7B06AC-B35E-4514-920B-A0F443C9CEE0.gif

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Got to love these threads! Throw out a simple comment and light a flash fire of paranoia and conspiracy theories. I'm waiting this to get to the point of the chip implanted at birth that gives you a set amount of time and you use it like money. You work you earn more time, you buy something you loose time. When you run out, you die. I think there was a movie like that, maybe a couple.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Got to love these threads! Throw out a simple comment and light a flash fire of paranoia and conspiracy theories. I'm waiting this to get to the point of the chip implanted at birth that gives you a set amount of time and you use it like money. You work you earn more time, you buy something you loose time. When you run out, you die. I think there was a movie like that, maybe a couple.
? ?

1675294811229.png

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I Trust the guys at Forscan will hook us up if this happens.

OP
OP
Dustoff262

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
Everything starts off as health and safety. Think Patriot Act. Was supposed to be temporary, restrictive and renewed every few years. That is how the FISA court came about. The abuse of the federal govt knows no bounds, integrity or honor. What they say each time for your safety is to incrementally chip away at your rights.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to install a kill switch, if all it is supposed to do is monitor your driving, especially if you might be impaired. Uhh,... Progressive has a module that does that when you install it in your OBD port. It monitors speed, hours driven and time on the road. How hard is it to do that with a kill switch? If it were truly only for safety, then the govt wouldnt have to mandate anything. The insurance companies could offer steep discounts for its installation, and they can monitor your driving. But when govt says to do it, then its for their use.

And whats the latest rage? Carbon footprints. How does govt add another tax? Find out how much your are driving. And if LEO see a reckless driver or a driver after curfew, dont you think they can make one call and kill the car's engine? No? Well On Star was made just for that.

Does your current car have the ability to pick up satellite radio? Does it have WiFi? The technology to reach your car is already here. All they need is a way to turn it off. Ever update Sync and just click on accept user agreements without reading them? The govt is very much aware how the masses think. Offer a new feature so cool like personalizing colors or font, moving tiles around, and theyll all scramble to get the latest update. Meanwhile, you inadvertantly give Ford the permission to share your info with 3rd parties who in turn share it to govt or their contractors.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Everything starts off as health and safety. Think Patriot Act. Was supposed to be temporary, restrictive and renewed every few years. That is how the FISA court came about. The abuse of the federal govt knows no bounds, integrity or honor. What they say each time for your safety is to incrementally chip away at your rights.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to install a kill switch, if all it is supposed to do is monitor your driving, especially if you might be impaired. Uhh,... Progressive has a module that does that when you install it in your OBD port. It monitors speed, hours driven and time on the road. How hard is it to do that with a kill switch? If it were truly only for safety, then the govt wouldnt have to mandate anything. The insurance companies could offer steep discounts for its installation, and they can monitor your driving. But when govt says to do it, then its for their use.

And whats the latest rage? Carbon footprints. How does govt add another tax? Find out how much your are driving. And if LEO see a reckless driver or a driver after curfew, dont you think they can make one call and kill the car's engine? No? Well On Star was made just for that.

Does your current car have the ability to pick up satellite radio? Does it have WiFi? The technology to reach your car is already here. All they need is a way to turn it off. Ever update Sync and just click on accept user agreements without reading them? The govt is very much aware how the masses think. Offer a new feature so cool like personalizing colors or font, moving tiles around, and theyll all scramble to get the latest update. Meanwhile, you inadvertantly give Ford the permission to share your info with 3rd parties who in turn share it to govt or their contractors.
Towards the bolded part. I'm all for keeping people safe but this was 100% a power grab. Especially these airport screenings. So you're going to tell me I can pay x-amount of dollars to get a Global Entry and walk right through the scanners without checking my laptop, taking my shoes off or liquids? How do they know this person hasn't been corrupted since he was last checked?

Heck when I use to fly a lot I've been waved right past the scanners so many times along with groups of other travelers. This was in several different airports too. One in particular I was shocked at was Midway in Chicago. There were no lines and there wasn't even that many people there and they just waved us all right around and through. I could go on but we'll be getting way to political so I'll end my rant there. :lipssealed:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

screenshot-2019-10-23-at-00.34.17.png

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Sid,

There will be a surcharge on your vehicle mileage bill for excessive luminosity by a vehicle owner...

Best,
Phil

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Sid,

There will be a surcharge on your vehicle mileage bill for excessive luminosity by a vehicle owner...

Best,
Phil
Haha but they're not on...yeah I know, they charge by weight...not lumens...

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
What could go wrong? click...now you don't need to worry about driving and you will be happy...
You've driven your quota this month so we're shutting you off now.
I think that's why the government wants to get rid of gas stoves now, it'll be easier for them to shut off your electric remotely when you've cooked enough.
Don't get me started on digital currency. You've bought your quota of bacon and ammo this month so we're shutting off your money.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You've driven your quota this month so we're shutting you off now.
I think that's why the government wants to get rid of gas stoves now, it'll be easier for them to shut off your electric remotely when you've cooked enough.
Don't get me started on digital currency. You've bought your quota of bacon and ammo this month so we're shutting off your money.
We have one that got away...he's breaking 100K in under 3 years...SHUT MSFITOY DOWN!!!

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Exactly why they rammed "smart" meters on everyone...do you have Alexa? Get it out of your home ASAP...
Nope. I also have a piece of Post-It Note over the camera in my laptop.
Couple weeks ago I went to the Pittsburgh RV show. Never checked in on FB or said anything about it. Ever since my FB feed has been full of ads for motorhomes and trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.