Kill switch in 2026?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
Supposedly all new vehicles sold in the United States will be required to have a "Kill Switch". Is it possible that Ford can already do that through Sync or create an update to do that? I know OnStar was the technology that was offered years ago but it never took off. They charged too much and the Insurance company really did not give much of a discount.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like ill never get a new truck now. How can I run from the man if the man can turn off my truck. No way this can go through.
I agree in concept, but in regards to you... what would any law enforcement agency be doing, going after a dancing hotdog! ?

Frank

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What could go wrong? click...now you don't need to worry about driving and you will be happy...

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Its indecent exposure. Cant go waving it around in public.
I'm looking at your photo now... are we talking about the mustard? ?

Frank

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Dustoff262

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything government does in the name of Health and or Safety ultimately is a grab for more power and weaken your constitutional rights. I imagine that Ford is working on a way to send a signal to your engine that can shut off your vehicle using Sync. All sync equipped vehicles already keep track via gps.

What if your Key fob (keyless entry) can be programmed to indicate to the motor that your vehicle is off, so that when you depress the brake, the truck turns off? It wouldnt take much to do with a simple line of code. They can even cut power if you drive x amount of miles for the year. Or if you owe tickets. Or if they do not like your speech.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Everything government does in the name of Health and or Safety ultimately is a grab for more power and weaken your constitutional rights. I imagine that Ford is working on a way to send a signal to your engine that can shut off your vehicle using Sync. All sync equipped vehicles already keep track via gps.

What if your Key fob (keyless entry) can be programmed to indicate to the motor that your vehicle is off, so that when you depress the brake, the truck turns off? It wouldnt take much to do with a simple line of code. They can even cut power if you drive x amount of miles for the year. Or if you owe tickets. Or if they do not like your speech.
agree with all except that all the major auto makers already have it. these days the govt killing our trucks is low on my list of things they are doing.. i know tin foil hat lol.
1675223785579.png

OP
OP
Dustoff262

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or, can the govt mandate we install the kill switch by a certain date that connects to the OBD port. I just do not trust the reason why, when it fits so neatly in controlling your movements and climate hysteria.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
All of our Dodge Police packages (charger, durango) have a circuit breaker under the front passenger seat, that's where the battery is. Trip that or turn it off and no power anywhere. when the chargers started rolling out some rocket scientist at Dodge put the battery under the rear seat so you had to empty the back seat then remove the bottom of the seat.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Won't mater if they do.

If it can be programmed, it can be un-programmed, or unplugged.

This is like Lowes's new campaign of RFID locked tools that don't get unlocked till purchased. Yea, let me know how that goes.

Shoplifting will stop when they go the old Service Merchandise method of you take a paper tag to the front and after paying you get your tool.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Remember how Tesla unlocked the range of certain models during a hurricane evacuation? That can go in reverse as well...look up Agenda 2030..."they" wrote the plan and it's happening...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.