First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I am beginning to understand why the MAP overall manager was suddenly let go last month.
No official word, as Ford does when it's a death or illness or retirement. When it's like this, suddenly your parking pass doesn't work when you come back from lunch...

I feel very fortunate, now. When I picked up mine 5/21, the only thing was there was some minor bedliner overspray (outside vendor) on the right rear fender- buffed right out while I waited. Best panel fit of any of the 13 Fords I've owned.
Sure sounds like it now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SHIVER22

SHIVER22

First Name
Breanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor
Seems like a combination of factors, poor assembly but also terrible shipping. I know a lack of trucking is a major contributor to the supply chain problems.

Maybe we’re back to the bad Monday/Friday assembly woes of days past. :(
god I hope not. This hopefully is the end of my problems. Last thing I need (or anyone) is a “lemon” because of bad assembly days.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I am beginning to understand why the MAP overall manager was suddenly let go last month.
No official word, as Ford does when it's a death or illness or retirement. When it's like this, suddenly your parking pass doesn't work when you come back from lunch...

I feel very fortunate, now. When I picked up mine 5/21, the only thing was there was some minor bedliner overspray (outside vendor) on the right rear fender- buffed right out while I waited. Best panel fit of any of the 13 Fords I've owned.
Yeah I have a feeling he was very firmly asked to retire granted the big issues like that are super rare but super visible because of how outrageous they are but still how the hell do you do mismatched seats and have it get by every qc check lmao hell how do you not notice it when you are installing them lol

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
2019's were notorious for bad paint. They had not yet installed the new dedicated Ranger/Bronco paint system and were basically painting them with the old Focus set-up by trying to modify it somewhat.
And even still the new ranger bronco one is bad as well lmao

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Good news...
They are moving the quality control manager from the paint and body department over to the engine internals quality control department, so you won't be seeing the body and paint issues anymore.
So thats why the bronco engines keep blowing up.....

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I received a new Tremor back in November 2021 and my new Bronco 3 weeks ago. Both are virtually perfect. I am very happy with both. I will admit, I was worried about the shipping issues...but I lucked
SideFront.jpg
Stage1.jpg
out.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I received a new Tremor back in November 2021 and my new Bronco 3 weeks ago. Both are virtually perfect. I am very happy with both. I will admit, I was worried about the shipping issues...but I lucked
SideFront.jpg
Stage1.jpg
out.
Those wheels are very very nice

Ranger Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Wheel
god I hope not. This hopefully is the end of my problems. Last thing I need (or anyone) is a “lemon” because of bad assembly days.
I posted my thoughts, now a couple of pages back, that even ONE of the things you listed would be a "no go" for me.

The things you are listing are in most cases pretty bad and inexcusable, but are "exterior". So, let me just add this. IF these are exterior issues, "fit and finish" of relatively easy to get right things (when the vehicle was built - if they even tried - what is it they say, "Built FORD Tough?" HA!)... but if they had that much trouble with these things, imagine the build of an engine or transmission???

I'd be asking for my money back on this. This is truly a LEMON. And I'd be ready to get involved with an attorney. Here in CA (my location) you have to meet a few criteria before you can go lemon law on them, but I'll bet, based on the number of defects you'll have no problem reaching that threshold.

I delt w/ a lemon law situation with another very well known manufacturer, one that many think of as building some very defect free automobiles. That vehicle had an 'issue' that they couldn't fix after many visits to service and after they had had my 'truck' for nearly 60 days trying to 'fix' something that should have been done right when the vehicle was built. When that vehicle was finally bought back it had less than 2k miles on it. It is what I had before I bought my RANGER. What is scary is, the problem with that vehicle was a "window issue / leak" and.... now what do we have with Broncos and Rangers (including mine)? A widow issue / recall. So.... let's see if FORD can get it right. Otherwise, I still have the phone number of my lawyer.

I'd get rid of your Ranger ASAP. It will NEVER be right. You bought a BRAND NEW CAR, it should act like it. What you are in for trying to get all of this "fixed" is utter BS. Your dealer AND Ford owes you an apology, and in my opinion, your money back too.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I posted my thoughts, now a couple of pages back, that even ONE of the things you listed would be a "no go" for me.

The things you are listing are in most cases pretty bad and inexcusable, but are "exterior". So, let me just add this. IF these are exterior issues, "fit and finish" of relatively easy to get right things (when the vehicle was built - if they even tried - what is it they say, "Built FORD Tough?" HA!)... but if they had that much trouble with these things, imagine the build of an engine or transmission???

I'd be asking for my money back on this. This is truly a LEMON. And I'd be ready to get involved with an attorney. Here in CA (my location) you have to meet a few criteria before you can go lemon law on them, but I'll bet, based on the number of defects you'll have no problem reaching that threshold.

I delt w/ a lemon law situation with another very well known manufacturer, one that many think of as building some very defect free automobiles. That vehicle had an 'issue' that they couldn't fix after many visits to service and after they had had my 'truck' for nearly 60 days trying to 'fix' something that should have been done right when the vehicle was built. When that vehicle was finally bought back it had less than 2k miles on it. It is what I had before I bought my RANGER. What is scary is, the problem with that vehicle was a "window issue / leak" and.... now what do we have with Broncos and Rangers (including mine)? A widow issue / recall. So.... let's see if FORD can get it right. Otherwise, I still have the phone number of my lawyer.

I'd get rid of your Ranger ASAP. It will NEVER be right. You bought a BRAND NEW CAR, it should act like it. What you are in for trying to get all of this "fixed" is utter BS. Your dealer AND Ford owes you an apology, and in my opinion, your money back too.
So the big thing with lemons is that you have to allow the manufacturer opportunities to fix it, it is an arduous process as you know and despite appearances you never come out on top. The laws do vary per state but here in florida I guarantee you that it would be fixed and not warrant a replacement unless it is a mechanical issue especially now pursuing that path is a terrible idea. They are making it right and if they don't op definitely needs to pursue further action. Its all well and good saying they owe her her money back but lets be honest is she gonna find another truck? I doubt it and also even if they do that she is likely to come out behind, it is a terrible situation yes and should never have happened that blame is squarely on ford and the transport company and if you want to go further back a certain lab. But all that aside her husband works there so not only will they make a concerted effort to make it right (hopefully) but going on the warpath against the dealer is a terrible idea because of that as well.

OP
OP
SHIVER22

SHIVER22

First Name
Breanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor

This is how I feel but then there’s the worry of not having a vehicle at all since you can’t get anything right now and I already sold my SUV. My dealer won’t do anything other then fix it and god knows how long that will take. I’ll need to look into the stipulations on what you can return etc but I want this truck I ordered. Before it arrived I tried looking at other dealers if they had one in but nothing with what I selected accept for a black ranger which I will never get a black vehicle again lol.

I’ll definitely keep everyone posted how this goes but the only peace of mind I have is my husband is a mechanic at the dealer so he would know right away if it’s bad mechanically. It’s at the dealer now getting box lined and some of the issues to get fixed. Goes in next week for the rest

OP
OP
SHIVER22

SHIVER22

First Name
Breanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor
So the big thing with lemons is that you have to allow the manufacturer opportunities to fix it, it is an arduous process as you know and despite appearances you never come out on top. The laws do vary per state but here in florida I guarantee you that it would be fixed and not warrant a replacement unless it is a mechanical issue especially now pursuing that path is a terrible idea. They are making it right and if they don't op definitely needs to pursue further action. Its all well and good saying they owe her her money back but lets be honest is she gonna find another truck? I doubt it and also even if they do that she is likely to come out behind, it is a terrible situation yes and should never have happened that blame is squarely on ford and the transport company and if you want to go further back a certain lab. But all that aside her husband works there so not only will they make a concerted effort to make it right (hopefully) but going on the warpath against the dealer is a terrible idea because of that as well.
100% agree.
It’s a shit time to try and find another vehicle. I’m also very fortunate aside from my husband working there, I have a childhood friend whos basically family also a mechanic there so pretty covered in that sense.

However, the downside to all of them working there is I get treated not like a customer and get put on the back burner because they want to please customers who have no affiliation with them lol

Last edited:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired

Was your lemon law return a Mercedes? Ours was. They couldn't fix an EFI problem. We gave them months and maybe 15 returns for repair. It was so bad, when we wrote the demand letter, MBZ of NA didn't even blink. They gave us every penny we had into it and was very cheerful about the process, it was that bad a problem.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Yeah I have a feeling he was very firmly asked to retire granted the big issues like that are super rare but super visible because of how outrageous they are but still how the hell do you do mismatched seats and have it get by every qc check lmao hell how do you not notice it when you are installing them lol
istockphoto-157526744-612x612.jpg

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
100% agree.
It’s a shit time to try and find another vehicle. I’m also very fortunate aside from my husband working there, I have a childhood friend whos basically family also a mechanic there so pretty covered in that sense.

However, the downside to all of them working there is I get treated not like a customer and get back on the back burner because they want to please customers who have no affiliation with them lol
I feel your pain tho not to that degree lol. When I got my truck there were some issues tho not nearly as many and it wasn't very easy to get the ball rolling but I chose who I made friends with well cause they made it happens same thing with the oil leak from the bad seal, I would definitely go through everything with a fine toothed comb as they work and continue to catalogue everything, actionable evidence is a necessity and having your ducks and a row and everything recorded will keep you protected and prevent ford from trying to pull a fast one god forbid it get to that point. Right now it looks like you are doing everything right and frankly handling it very very well I admire how patient and calm you are about all this.