Sync 3 v3.3 Update Available - 4U5T-14G381-AN

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah I figure it was useless information to me just wanted to make sure my truck actually updated.
Just look at the build number...it should be 19052 if the update was successful.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone see this file on their usb and upload to the ford site? I didn't so not sure what happened with my update lol even tho it seemed to update as I noted above this post
by showing the correct build version

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.42.57 AM.png
It's in the folder on the USB, not on the level of the 3 other main files, click into the folder.

ebFX4

First Name
Eber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 - 5G
Same issue as many.
My USB is read as not compatible.

64gb. Formatted FAT32 and exFAT - on a Mac w/DiskUtility.

I’ll need to rummage through drawers for more flash drives.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I tried several times by wi-fi. Finally updated mine by USB. :wink:

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic
For you all using a Mac to try to update using USB. If you get the error listed in the photo below, you need to make sure you use “Stuffit Expander” to unzip the archive to your USB. The newer Mac OS defaults to its own Apple archiver to unzip and Mac OS no longer comes with Stuffit. Download it from the App store. There is some sort of difference in the way it handles the files.

12D63BB3-74BF-48E5-8C6B-815B2CAED93C.jpeg

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Same issue as many.
My USB is read as not compatible.

64gb. Formatted FAT32 and exFAT - on a Mac w/DiskUtility.

I’ll need to rummage through drawers for more flash drives.
Did you try Master Boot Record (or some such) instead of the default GUID partition?
I also believe Akshon is correct......there was definitely a difference in what was expanded using Windows vs the Apple Archive utility.

For you all using a Mac to try to update using USB. If you get the error listed in the photo below, you need to make sure you use “Stuffit Expander” to unzip the archive to your USB. The newer Mac OS defaults to its own Apple archiver to unzip and Mac OS no longer comes with Stuffit. Download it from the App store. There is some sort of difference in the way it handles the files.

12D63BB3-74BF-48E5-8C6B-815B2CAED93C.jpeg

ebFX4

First Name
Eber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 - 5G
Did you try Master Boot Record (or some such) instead of the default GUID partition?
I also believe Akshon is correct......there was definitely a difference in what was expanded using Windows vs the Apple Archive utility.
Not yet- but I’ll give that a try.

I wasn’t use it Stuff it expander either. I was using Keka - which is a free zipping program.

Time for some more trial and error!

mstealth22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
USB update worked for me, WiFi update check didn't find anything to update.

Shows Version 3.3 Build: 19052_Product. Was 18295 prior to the update.

mstealth22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Shows Version 3.3 Build: 19052_Product. Was 18295 prior to the update.
Does Ford (or anyone) publish a changelog for any of these updates? I didn't find anything in a quick search, other than Sync 3 major version features.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
It's in the folder on the USB, not on the level of the 3 other main files, click into the folder.
It's under the SyncMyRide folder and will contain your VIN number. My file started with VXCJ.... You can go back thru the Update software screens under the Ford Owner website and get to the final step of reporting your update to Ford.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
It's under the SyncMyRide folder and will contain your VIN number. My file started with VXCJ.... You can go back thru the Update software screens under the Ford Owner website and get to the final step of reporting your update to Ford.
Are y'all able to get the Ford site to recognize your update? I did the update last week, was noted successful on the screen, showed the correct build number, etc. Went to upload the XML file following the link in the confirming email, and the only way I could get to the right spot was to download the zip file again. Uploaded the XML, say's it's successful, but today still shows that I need to update my Sync. Contacted them via chat, and they said there are issues with the site.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Are y'all able to get the Ford site to recognize your update? I did the update last week, was noted successful on the screen, showed the correct build number, etc. Went to upload the XML file following the link in the confirming email, and the only way I could get to the right spot was to download the zip file again. Uploaded the XML, say's it's successful, but today still shows that I need to update my Sync. Contacted them via chat, and they said there are issues with the site.
I was not able to get it to recognize my update.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Works fine for me to upload the XML file.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious - what browser did you use?
Chrome & Windows 10.

I didn't have to upload the XML last time I updated Sync 3. This is a new change.
Sponsored