DentonB

First Name
Denton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ram 4x4 Cummins), 2015 Audi A3 convertible
Latest is 3.3 Build 19052

Didn’t fix my CarPlay microphone issue either.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah..my Wi-Fi in the garage is good, but I can't get it to work for the update. I have 3.3 installed since the factory. Might try the thumb drive route. If I am successful, I will report back.
Yeah, my garage WI-Fi has good signal strength and my iPhone and Macs have no issue but the truck does.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yes, Bingo!
I ended up using an XQD Card (they're used for cameras) and it worked. I used Windows 7 to setup the card.
The update responses from Sync were a bit different than the instructions but it completed and I now have build 19052 installed and running fine (KOW).

I did perform a master reset prior to the XQD Card update but I don't think it had anything to do with it finally working. On the Other Hand, my Sirius subscriptions are now all avallable - prior to the Master Reset, weather info was "not available".

EDIT: For you Mac users - In reviewing what I did I think I may have discovered why my earlier update attempts failed. When I formatted the flash drives on my MacBook I used Disc Utility and it defaulted to GUID Partition when I chose ExFat formatting. I'm thinking I should have chosen Master Boot Record instead of GUID Partition prior to formatting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Done! Looks like the "network connection needed" bug was squashed!
20190409_124237.jpg

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine done with USB. Seemed a little strange it worked so quickly (5-10 minutes - no key cycling or anything as described on ford site) but definitely shows the same build number as you guys are seeing! And extremely noticeable touch screen speed improvements and loading times!

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone see this file on their usb and upload to the ford site? I didn't so not sure what happened with my update lol even tho it seemed to update as I noted above this post
by showing the correct build version

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.42.57 AM.png

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone see this file on their usb and upload to the ford site? I didn't so not sure what happened with my update lol even tho it seemed to update as I noted above this post
by showing the correct build version

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.42.57 AM.png
Yes you upload it to the Ford Owner's site to confirm that you successfully installed the update. That way Ford knows what version you are currently running.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but the XML file never came back onto my USB is what I'm saying so it seemed like it didn't update. Anyways I just spoke with Ford Sync Support and he said this
To clear this up, this is normal, SYNC 3 updates actually no longer use the XML file to report. To report the update, just connect the vehicle to Wi-Fi in Settings > Wi-Fi, then enable automatic updates in Settings > General > Automatic System Updates. This should push the update to us automatically.
So if you updated usb and do not see the xml file on your usb when you plug it in to your computer again, not to worry about reporting the update!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but the XML file never came back onto my USB is what I'm saying so it seemed like it didn't update. Anyways I just spoke with Ford Sync Support and he said this

So if you updated usb and do not see the xml file on your usb when you plug it in to your computer again, not to worry about reporting the update!
I have Wi-Fi turned off in my Ranger and have not attempted to update via Wi-Fi. That could be why I get an XML and others don't.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't update the system via wifi, I did it via the usb. It updated and then when trying to upload the xml file to the website it did not exist on my usb. So they told me this can be expected and that the update will go over wifi. It must just be a thing where the system detects I turned on wifi after the update and will report that way instead.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't update the system via wifi, I did it via the usb. It updated and then when trying to upload the xml file to the website it did not exist on my usb. So they told me this can be expected and that the update will go over wifi. It must just be a thing where the system detects I turned on wifi after the update and will report that way instead.
When I opened the XML file it has a bunch of diagnostic data. Nothing super special.