First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I updated Ford Performance tune to the new software level. Seems to run even better with more low end. Of course it took the transmission a little while to settle down. Not sure what they changed but I’m ok with it. Feels good.
Sponsored

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1987 BMW 325IS Track car, 1979 Mazda RX7
I updated Ford Performance tune to the new software level. Seems to run even better with more low end. Of course it took the transmission a little while to settle down. Not sure what they changed but I’m ok with it. Feels good.
I was able to update the Procal computer software from 2.83 to 2.85.
After checking the tune update, I couldn't find anything.
Am I missing something?
Updating the windows software will have no effect on the truck.

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
When I connected The ProCal4 to the computer and downloaded to 2.85 I took it to the truck and down loaded the the Performance software. So did it download something new or reload what I had? Can you send me a screenshot of your ProCal showing the Performance Calibration file #

Maybe I fooled myself into thinking it changed. Ford Performance said there was a minor update.

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I connected The ProCal4 to the computer and downloaded to 2.85 I took it to the truck and down loaded the the Performance software. So did it download something new or reload what I had? Can you send me a screenshot of your ProCal showing the Performance Calibration file #

Maybe I fooled myself into thinking it changed. Ford Performance said there was a minor update.
Sounds like you re-downloaded what you had.

3709D2CF-1D46-410A-AEAD-AEEC13721F5D.jpeg

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you re-downloaded what you had.

3709D2CF-1D46-410A-AEAD-AEEC13721F5D.jpeg
My tune “.bin” file didn’t change. Just the pro cal software version.
Of course what you could have been feeling is just the normal new tune adaptation tables which takes a few miles of driving to level out.

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My file number is different? Also Ford Performance told me there were minor changes. Description from Ford Performance now says optimized for towing?

2809D799-7C57-454F-8EAF-98CFA0F8B960.jpeg

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
My tune “.bin” file didn’t change. Just the pro cal software version.
Of course what you could have been feeling is just the normal new tune adaptation tables which takes a few miles of driving to level out.

My .bin did change. It used to say A4P at the end and now says AAP. The tune was certainly updated for towing use. I received an email from Ford Performance about it. Perhaps try again or take better note of your original bin as the change could be as subtle as mine.

P.S. to everyone that attempted to black out their serial # and/or vin I can still see them. It could be my monitor. Also, the VIN # isn't even blocked out on the .bin file.

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My .bin did change. It used to say A4P at the end and now says AAP. The tune was certainly updated for towing use. I received an email from Ford Performance about it. Perhaps try again or take better note of your original bin as the change could be as subtle as mine.

P.S. to everyone that attempted to black out their serial # and/or vin I can still see them. It could be my monitor. Also, the VIN # isn't even blocked out on the .bin file.
Thanks for the verification. Not too concerned someone knows my VIN. I feel like it has more low end grunt But I also know our imaginations come into play. It also seems to use more gears going up. It still skips gear on light throttle but I think it skips a lot less. I’m liking it.

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
I also know our imaginations come into play.
Very true and I agree. I am striving to achieve an average of the EPA rated mileage and sometimes can convince myself one thing or another caused a drop/increase. I do know for certain the tuned helped, however.

They definitely fiddled with the transmission with this update. I will wait the 2k re-learning process to make a sound judgement. In 13k miles total my transmission has had 4 different programs on it from factory. 1. Stock 2. First FPP tune 3. Buck/surge TSB update 4. Second FPP tune.

It's spent most of it's running life in "learn mode" so to speak.

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Very true and I agree. I am striving to achieve an average of the EPA rated mileage and sometimes can convince myself one thing or another caused a drop/increase. I do know for certain the tuned helped, however.

They definitely fiddled with the transmission with this update. I will wait the 2k re-learning process to make a sound judgement. In 13k miles total my transmission has had 4 different programs on it from factory. 1. Stock 2. First FPP tune 3. Buck/surge TSB update 4. Second FPP tune.

It's spent most of it's running life in "learn mode" so to speak.
Mine settled down after about 20 miles or so.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Maybe this means the release for the 2021 model is close.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
This is still a couple months out according to the email I received.
Thanks. Makes me wonder what the changes were from 2020 that warrants the delay. Or is it just red tape? Was there a similar delay from 19 to 20?

PierreD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
AV Tech
Anybody know if the update "optimized for towing" works on regular driving, or only when you put your truck in towing mode?
Specifically the shift points.....
Sponsored