Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
All,

I make it a routine to plug in my Ford Performance ProCal in every couple weeks. Today when I opened the program there was an update for the program and an update for the ProCal once the software updated. I did not jott down the version numbers or anything so not sure what the update was for.....I'm just assuming it was to add the 2022 Rangers to the Software platform. Tomorrow when I get off work I will plug the ProCal into the truck and see if I get any prompts to flash an update.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
let us know if it does. ive never updated mine or checked.

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
All,

I make it a routine to plug in my Ford Performance ProCal in every couple weeks. Today when I opened the program there was an update for the program and an update for the ProCal once the software updated. I did not jott down the version numbers or anything so not sure what the update was for.....I'm just assuming it was to add the 2022 Rangers to the Software platform. Tomorrow when I get off work I will plug the ProCal into the truck and see if I get any prompts to flash an update.
Thanks and please let us know.

OP
OP
Bravohook

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
I plugged her in tonight and didnt notice any significant changes. There was a couple more pids to display then there was last time. Still no trans temp that I noticed. I didnt flash to stock and then reload performance cal so I dont know if the tine was updated or not in the recent update i did. I dont really want to go through the relearn process again!! Haha I may flash to stock and reupload performance and see if there was a change.

OP
OP
Bravohook

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
**UPDATE AVAILABLE**

12/28/2022 I plugged the procal to the computer and opened FPP program. The entire program needed to be updated along with the FPP Tune which included a new Strategy. I flashed back to stock, updated my procal, and reuploaded the new FPP Tune. I will report after the relearn process is over but on a short drive the pedal was much more touchy and the trans was skipping 2nd and 5th gear again. Before updating it would only skip 2nd after the relearn.

I also put my factory exhaust back on a few weeks ago. I noticed increased low end torque and the trans not fishing for the right gear. Think I will stuck to factory exhaust. Plus the added quietness in the cab is nice.

OP
OP
Bravohook

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
*****Few days in to the updated tune. I like it better then it was before. Throttle is more sensitive, only skips 2nd gear unless in tow haul mode will hit all gears. Stays in gears longer and doesnt race itself to get into 10th gear. Once in 10th gear and you let off it stays in and lets the vehicle coast longer and once you touch the throttle it gets in the right quickly. Good job Ford.

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
I guess I need to plug mine into the computer it's been awhile since I had done it.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
*****Few days in to the updated tune. I like it better then it was before. Throttle is more sensitive, only skips 2nd gear unless in tow haul mode will hit all gears. Stays in gears longer and doesnt race itself to get into 10th gear. Once in 10th gear and you let off it stays in and lets the vehicle coast longer and once you touch the throttle it gets in the right quickly. Good job Ford.
Can you tell us what the .bin # is?

OP
OP
Bravohook

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Can you tell us what the .bin # is?
Version 1.388 is what was updated for me. My previous was 1.378 or something close to that.

current bin#
MB3A-FPREA1-TC.bin. This also changed for me. Wish I kept my previous #

crash77

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Material Coordinator
How do you know what gear it's in? is there a gear indicator that is accessible without the tune? This is something I have been looking for.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
How do you know what gear it's in? is there a gear indicator that is accessible without the tune? This is something I have been looking for.
Yes, while in drive you press the +/- button on the shifter and it will display what gear you are in on the display.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Version 1.388 is what was updated for me. My previous was 1.378 or something close to that.

current bin#
MB3A-FPREA1-TC.bin. This also changed for me. Wish I kept my previous #
I tried to update and it stayed the same. Maybe it’s a ‘21 thing?
KB3G-FPREA3-AAR bin is what I have.

Can anybody verify that is correct?

Last edited:

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
I did the same thing got everything updated a couple days ago and driving it this morning felt like a different truck in a good way.

OP
OP
Bravohook

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
I did the same thing got everything updated a couple days ago and driving it this morning felt like a different truck in a good way.
Yes, I was a little surprised since there was an update in October too that did nothing. This update is awesome so far. The trans is smoother then before and the low end torque is way more noticeable.
Sponsored