Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I was a little surprised since there was an update in October too that did nothing. This update is awesome so far. The trans is smoother then before and the low end torque is way more noticeable.
Question for you guys. I got the tune installed on Monday, so 2 days ago, and the shifts were a little rough off the bat as expected. The instruction sheet says that it may take a few miles or days for the rough shifting to get back to normal. I was just wondering how long this lasted for you? I would say that the shifts while accelerating have improved for the most part with an occasional rough one, but I really notice it the most when coming to a stop or shifting to park. It seems like when I shift to park it wants to kind lurch forward and same with when it restarts after the auto stop start. I feel like its normal, just wondering what the time line is? I have only driven about 40 miles since the install.
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Question for you guys. I got the tune installed on Monday, so 2 days ago, and the shifts were a little rough off the bat as expected. The instruction sheet says that it may take a few miles or days for the rough shifting to get back to normal. I was just wondering how long this lasted for you? I would say that the shifts while accelerating have improved for the most part with an occasional rough one, but I really notice it the most when coming to a stop or shifting to park. It seems like when I shift to park it wants to kind lurch forward and same with when it restarts after the auto stop start. I feel like its normal, just wondering what the time line is? I have only driven about 40 miles since the install.
Maybe 100 miles mixed driving.

Raacerx

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor Supercrew
Occupation
Engineer / Project Manager
Bumping this. I finally hooked up my Procal, went through a bunch of updates for the Procal software and the firmware and software on the device, but I don't see any update to the tune available, it didn't download anything from the server.

2021 Tremor. My transmission is constantly hunting and unlocking the converter.

My file was MB3A-FPREA1-VC before and after. I installed the tune in Fall of 2021.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bravohook

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Try flashing back to stock, update your tuner through the app and reflash the tune to your truck. That worked for me when I updated my tuner.

Raacerx

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor Supercrew
Occupation
Engineer / Project Manager
Try flashing back to stock, update your tuner through the app and reflash the tune to your truck. That worked for me when I updated my tuner.
Interesting, did not try that. Will give it a shot tomorrow, thank you.

Jack M

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Splash Snow
Occupation
Retired
**UPDATE AVAILABLE**

12/28/2022 I plugged the procal to the computer and opened FPP program. The entire program needed to be updated along with the FPP Tune which included a new Strategy. I flashed back to stock, updated my procal, and reuploaded the new FPP Tune. I will report after the relearn process is over but on a short drive the pedal was much more touchy and the trans was skipping 2nd and 5th gear again. Before updating it would only skip 2nd after the relearn.

I also put my factory exhaust back on a few weeks ago. I noticed increased low end torque and the trans not fishing for the right gear. Think I will stuck to factory exhaust. Plus the added quietness in the cab is nice.
Do you get the Ford Tune from the dealer and does it effect warranty?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OP
OP
Bravohook

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Do you get the Ford Tune from the dealer and does it effect warranty?
I ordered mine through Stage3Motorsports on a sale they had going on at the time. It was a better deal for me then Levittown where I normally get my ford stuff.

If you take it to a dealer and have them flash it for you it will not affect your warranty. If you flash it yourself there is some debate on if a dealer would honor the warranty or not.

Jack M

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Splash Snow
Occupation
Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry I've been here 2 weeks. Don't know what happened over the years. I see how the system works. Thanks.
No worries at all. :) It's just most things by now have been coved so it's best to try using the seachr bar first. Also using the Google tab will bring you better results.

***Warning*** Do not put the word damper in the search bar. Those that have were never seen again. ?