Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
Do the Fox 2.0 lif the front at all or are they factory height. Been thinking of getting them for the swaying boat reason as well but just don know if I still need my 2.5 front lift
they are adjustable from zero to 2.5 or 3" i believe.

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
i don't do any real offroading, maybe some minor fire trails on occasion, and I rarely but do sometimes tow and haul loads.
so more than 95% of my driving is city/highway...

I recognize this is a truck, and it will ride like, well... a truck. I'm just wondering what I may be able to do to. take out some of the dive and roll and rocking, mostly in slower city driving and braking...

i was planning on having 2.5" levelers installed next week with slightly bigger tires, so if there is something else I should consider having done at the same time I'd like to do it that way.

suggestions? (other than 'brake sooner, lighter, slower, etc... lol). looking for real solutions to stiffen but not make it rock hard.
Stealership had 56psi in all tires and when I questioned it they said it was 'recommended' ..CRAZY!
I got it home approx. 4 mile ride and it bounced so bad I had figured I would need my tooth fillings checked. I went to 35 psi for a couple months then actually settled on 30 psi which for mixed highway/in town driving seems fine. I also did a 2.5" front leveling kit.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Title says 1.5-3.5". Do they actually lift? or can be used with the lift?
I don't want any lift at the moment.
They do not lift,but allow you to later if you need.
‘Worked out perfect for me since I installed the Icon stage 2 suspension,and the rear shocks are on back order till late November.......it allowed me to set the front,and add an eibach 1” block to bring the back up,all while still running the rough country shocks which still ride and work amazing!
Now the truck sit with the stance I wanted.

2A7A3814-7E0C-49CE-9FD9-0EB6ACF75AEC.jpeg

98F00F8E-1FBE-455C-85C1-7145F6EE0C17.jpeg

E41C4498-25F4-4313-8196-A1B05E5FA520.jpeg

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, is not the reason why truck tilted forward is when you tow or have significant weight in the bed, it will be level? So when you level, will not it be front tilted up?
It is my first truck, so sorry for potentially stupid questions.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Guys, is not the reason why truck tilted forward is when you tow or have significant weight in the bed, it will be level? So when you level, will not it be front tilted up?
Inflatable/adjustable airbags can be added to help prevent sag.

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inflatable/adjustable airbags can be added to help prevent sag.
Yes. But why to add in front and then subsequently add in rear?
I am not talking about rising the truck, but leveling it. Unless you know you never tow.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Yes. But why to add in front and then subsequently add in rear?
I am not talking about rising the truck, but leveling it. Unless you know you never tow.
Or you could just leave it alone.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I asked the same thing in an RV related thread here.

I like the look of the leveled Ranger better. At the same time, much of our motivation for getting a truck is for towing a travel trailer. Given that, I'll probably just start with upgrading the rear shocks. Athough I do think I'd like to upgrade the fronts too. I may look at adjusting the Fox 2.0s (or similar) to only a 1" front lift. We'll see... Lots of good info here though.

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
The test truck had Hankook Dynapro tires on it, and mine came in with Bridgestone Dueler tires. And the tires were over-inflated to 33 all around (not sure what pressure the test truck had).
I don't know if Ford made tweaks to the Ranger from the time I tested it, by the time I got mine (7 months wait!!!!!!!), but the only difference as far as I can see are the tires. BTW, the spare is the Hankook...
It's certainly good enough for me to wait until much later to do a suspension upgrade.
Which Dueler is it, there are several options.

GAR2912

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
General Contractor
Need some advice. I have a 2020 XLT Supercab RWD. I drive city streets only , no off road. I don't carry around too much stuff, maybe 40 lbs.

To counter the bounce/wallowing, my first remedy was to carry 100lbs of Sakrete behind each wheel. This helped by adding some weight but took up some prime real estate in the bed. I took weight out and rear end is light on the road and doesn't stick to road at times, normally in accelerated turns for example.

My next move is to install rear Eibachs or Bilsteins. Was going to do front and rears, but figured I would start with back first. I know the ride will be stiffer than OEM shocks. What I am wondering is if the stiffer ride will make the back end more controlled on the road, or will skip around even worse? And, will the side to side wallow be reduced enough without installing front struts? Appreciate any feedback.
Sponsored