Will you be upgrading to a 6G? Why or why not?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the prices for 5g Rangers (XLT's) on the lot right now, no way.....23' XLT MSRP $44,420.....ouch!

Ford is allowing dealers to sucker punch would be vehicle owners with these additional premium fees for hard to get or popular models......

It's nothing short of price gouging....

I found a Ford dealer that MIGHT be getting a very hard to get right now Maverick.
He told me there would be a +$5K addition to the MSRP for that vehicle......:question:
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
My daughter let me drive her Maverick PHEV and it get's great mileage, but the loud clicks and clacks are somewhat unsettling when it's on the battery, That said, hers has been reliable!
The Maverick is just a regular hybrid. But it would not surprise me if they offer a Maverick PHEV in the future since it is based on the same platform as the Escape which is available as a PHEV and a regular hybrid.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
The Maverick is just a regular hybrid. But it would not surprise me if they offer a Maverick PHEV in the future since it is based on the same platform as the Escape which is available as a PHEV and a regular hybrid.
Thanks for the clarification... The growing list of acronyms is sometimes tough to keep up with.

Tiger02595

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Bourbon Ambassador
For me the price and that gigantic screen taking up the dashboard.

I love my Tremor and will be holding on to that. My last truck purchase was 2004, so I tend to hold onto things.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Texasota said:
Thanks for the clarification... The growing list of acronyms is sometimes tough to keep up with.​
For my own edification, Is there a difference in EV and PHEV?

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, I just rec'd my annual NC property tax. Inspection Notice and Registration renewal (It's all in one in NC), and my 2005 XLT 4x4 Edge Ranger is now appraised at $3,180 with a property tax of $28.62.

This is a truck that I just sank a tad over $10K into... going through it from top to bottom replacing everything except the transfer case and axles. All new Jasper engine and transmission, AC, Alternator, suspension parts, front bearings, front axles, driveshaft, brakes, shocks, and more. Warranted for 3 years, 100,000 miles.

I think I'd keep this over my 5G if push came to shove as it is simpler to repair, and probably more reliable in the long run. So will I be moving to the 6G?? Hmmm.... I think NOT!

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I'm curious what my fellow 5G members think about upgrading to the 6G. I listed my theoretical pros / cons below.

Pro:
- Possible next generation 2.3 ecoboost with direct and port injection
- Modernized interior with wireless carplay / android auto
- Possible 2.7 ecoboost availability
- Better HVAC control layout
- Bed side step
- Improved gauge cluster (Those of you with Lariats will appreciate this.)
- Most likely will offer integrated factory brake controller

Cons:
- Styling is questionable. Certainly not as recognizable as 5G
- More tech... more problems right?
- Gear shifter is 100% electronic... no mechanical linkage

I plan on upgrading mainly for the improved interior. Let me know what you think!
Only thing on that list that interests me is the 2.7 the rest....meh. Personally do not find the interior on the Lariat an improvement. Plus can you actual buy one without waiting a year?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I like my 19 Lariat, and all my mods , I don't wanna go through all those mods again with retirement money, besides I dont even have 28k on mine and I won't get as good a deal as I did on this one let alone zero % for 72 months like I did on this one.
Hey, me, too! I love my 2019 Lariat, and I have not hit 26,000 yet! I will wait until it is paid for and crosses 100,000 before trading up. I could even have a few years of no monthly payments to look forward to, and I could try to convince the wife to bank them for a down payment on our next truck, the Ranger Raptor!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
For my own edification, Is there a difference in EV and PHEV?
An EV is a pure electric vehicle. It relies completely on batteries for power.

A PHEV (Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle) has a smaller battery with limited range (usually <50 miles) and an ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) to power the vehicle when the battery is depleted.

The big difference between a PHEV and a regular Hybrid is the plug-in capability.

You can plug it in at home and may rarely if ever use the ICE.

For many people, their daily rounds are under 50 miles and with a PHEV they may be able to do everything with just the battery.

The biggest plus of the PHEV is that it eliminates "Range Anxiety" since the ICE is there.

The drawback with a PHEV is the complexity of 2 different drive systems.

I'd absolutely NEVER buy one without an extended warranty if I planned on keeping it.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I have no plans to. If something happens and this Ranger is a loss, or my needs in the truck change drastically, then I'll look at my options for replacement then. In 2021 the Ranger was my best option, no idea what may be in 23, 24, 25, etc.
Sponsored