First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Assuming I'm not alone, what led you to go for a mid-size truck vs the larger counterparts?

The reasons I give:

1. Simple enough, I don't need a full size truck.
2. Better fitment in garage, parking spots, small enough that the fiance can drive it if needed
3. Better suited for our 4x4 trails
4. Better MPG
5. My genitals are not in need of an automotive extension
Same.
I don’t need a full size. I bag my grass and take it to the dump, it’s big enough.
Need 4wd for winter and wet boat ramps with my jet ski.
A full size would not fit in my garage or even in my driveway. As it is, the first thing I bought for it was a Stubby antenna. It fit but the OE unit was getting beat up on the garage door.
Been driving a Ranger or Sport Trac since 1999.
I’m Italian and as such have no reason to compensate for anything.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CF6-mech

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4
Occupation
aircraft mechanic
My Ranger is a daily driver. If I had a truck as an extra vehicle I might have considered a 1/2 ton.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
Because I didn’t want to DD my f350 for non work errands

MY23RANGER

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 XLT Ranger black edition 2wd
Occupation
Ford Tech
ford doesn't make any 4 door cars so next best thing is a midsize truck for me and the Mach E is too much money

Tow7500pounds

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 air-cooled VW camper, 2022 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys, former F150 owner, in the process of finding my Ranger at this moment.

Everyone I work with drives trucks, full size trucks to be exact. Around here there's almost a stigma to buying anything smaller than a full size, crew cab, 4x4 behemoth like I used to own. I have a good group of friends, and as such, they're roasting the living bejeezus out of me for looking at Rangers/Colorados/Tacomas, etc..

Assuming I'm not alone, what led you to go for a mid-size truck vs the larger counterparts?

The reasons I give:

2. Better fitment in garage, parking spots, small enough that the fiance can drive it if needed
4. Better MPG

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
1. I like the size and looks.
2. Useful enough for moderate tasks (pulling a small trailer, landscaping, great for someone who needs a light duty truck but not a diesel).
3. Great for parades, pulling a band trailer, mobile DJ rig, etc.
4. Right size for me. I don’t need a huge lifted diesel on monstrous tires to do what I need it to do.

Tow7500pounds

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 air-cooled VW camper, 2022 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys, former F150 owner, in the process of finding my Ranger at this moment.

Everyone I work with drives trucks, full size trucks to be exact. Around here there's almost a stigma to buying anything smaller than a full size, crew cab, 4x4 behemoth like I used to own. I have a good group of friends, and as such, they're roasting the living bejeezus out of me for looking at Rangers/Colorados/Tacomas, etc..

The reasons I give:

4. Better MPG
I was always a car guy. I didn't really want a truck, but I did want to tow a trailer, and cars don't do that anymore. So I looked at the crew cab sort of like a four door sedan with a really big trunk ( I have a bed cover). So happy with this truck! Got the "off road" version of 2 wheel drive, the FX2. Same suspension and ride height as the FX4 and it has a locking differential. Have got 20,000 miles on it now. 25.5mpg averaged over 20,000 miles, but 27 mpg averaged over the most recent 2000 miles so I guess it's broken in now. Only towed a 3000 pound travel trailer with it once so far. Got 16 mpg towing the trailer. Didn't know trucks were this much fun to drive!

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
Didn't want to spend the money on a stripped down F150, wifey thought the Maverick was too small so went with the ranger fully loaded

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Same.
I don’t need a full size. I bag my grass and take it to the dump, it’s big enough.
Need 4wd for winter and wet boat ramps with my jet ski.
A full size would not fit in my garage or even in my driveway. As it is, the first thing I bought for it was a Stubby antenna. It fit but the OE unit was getting beat up on the garage door.
Been driving a Ranger or Sport Trac since 1999.
I’m Italian and as such have no reason to compensate for anything.
You’re killing me Gianni ?
Sponsored