Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Which was my point.

I don't think it's reaching too far. Very few people level their truck and keep the factory tire size. Virtually everybody who levels their truck adds taller tires.
But the level is not needed for most of those tires.
Sponsored

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Because the fx4 suspension is dookie. Plus im not sure why only american brand trucks come non-leveled….. in any case i get mine installed on Thursday. Doing it for clearance to fit 32’s and to level it out for both looks/function and most of all, fix the way too soft of a suspension.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Which was my point.

I don't think it's reaching too far. Very few people level their truck and keep the factory tire size. Virtually everybody who levels their truck adds taller tires.
HI Doug,

So you do not like the level with oem tires look like a rollerskate.... You are so early 2000s.....eh? :) :)

Best,
Phil

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Personally I like the rake though I'm sure it's not as pronounced on the 2021 as it is on the 2019. Lifts with bigger wheels and tires do look cool. But lifts without bigger wheels and tires make it look like a kid that's wearing his dad's trousers.

Edit: just a subjective opinion don't want to upset anyone ?
Curious to why you say "it's not as pronounced on 2021 than previous years",
have you read something about a running production change or seen the different years side by side as a comparo? I hope your right, I'm not towing or hauling excessive weight and am not to much of a fan of the butt high rear end.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
What if there was no gain at leveling at all but someone simply likes the look and way it sits? That make it wrong? Just saying it's thier vehicle and their money.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you leveling? Is it purely for cosmetic reasons or is there a performance benefit?

While we’re at it, why is there such a pronounced raked to begin with? What is Ford’s reasoning behind it? Tow capacity?
I levelled purely to get the benefit of a better ride when I installed the Ford Performance Two-Inch Leveling Kit. My interest was in improving the suspension, not lifting the front up. However, afterwards, I noticed that I enjoyed the view from the higher position of the cabin, the better clearance up front, and, yeah, the overall appearance.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I'll give you that. Maybe "many" instead of "most."
I'll stick with most.

33s fit without lift or level. They run out of room in front of and behind, need crash bars adjusted or removed sometimes, but still have clearance over the top.

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
What if there was no gain at leveling at all but someone simply likes the look and way it sits? That make it wrong? Just saying it's thier vehicle and their money.
It's not wrong at all. That's the beauty of it, each person can do whatever they want for whatever reason. I suspect that is the primary consideration for most people. Any benefit to performance, actual or perceived, provides additional rationale for the decision.

I do like the level look better, but I'll be towing a pretty heavy camping trailer often enough that I want the extra in back. Some want it higher, some want it lower, some want stiffer suspension, some want bigger tires, some like the level look, some like the rake...

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I did a 2.5" RC level, primarily because I didn't like the excessive rake. What I was pleasantly surprised to see was that the clearance height of the tailgate was lower. Did I measure first??? Of course not. I also think it looks better even just sitting there waiting for me to jump in go for a rip...
Sponsored