Has Ford changed the amount of rake?

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Had some time to kill yesterday and took a trip to the local dealer to see what they had on the lot (I also went and looked at some Ram trucks. Sorry Ford, I was impressed with the quality and the price ). They had a couple of the all electic cars, a lot of Bronco Sports, two Rangers, two Mustang GTs, and a some F-150s.

I have a 2019 Ranger Fx4 with the sport package. The two Rangers they had on the lot looked like there was a lot less rake than mine has. Almost seemed like the front was lifted more. Has Ford made a change to make the Rangers sit more level or is the rake different between models?
Sponsored

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I was just at our local Ford dealer and the 4 2021 Ranger Lariats they had looked like they had the same amount of rake to me

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
The two Rangers you saw likely had the snow plow package. Heavier front suspension.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
My 2020 FX4 is not raked as much as the 2020 STX 2WD was.

I don't know if there is supposed to be a difference in rake between a 2WD and 4WD or not.

bulldogger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2021 and there was a decent amount of rake. A Daystar leveling kit left about 1/4 to 1/2" of rake

daddy let me drive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 jeep TJ wrangler, 2021 ford ranger FX4 sCrew
Occupation
retired
I'm new here and only posted on the introduction subforum yesterday. So this is my first response to another topic.

I have a brand new 2021 XL FX4 in my garage. It has the hankook 265/65/17 tires and FX performance shocks. I don't know anything much yet about if that's something new or special. The tires are supposed to be 30.5 inches, but it's generous to call them 30 inches with 32 psi cold.

I just took a couple pictures if this is useful to you. But your question is useful for my education.

thanks, Steve

front fender height 1.jpg

rear fender height 2.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I have a 2019 Ranger Fx4 with the sport package. The two Rangers they had on the lot looked like there was a lot less rake than mine has. Almost seemed like the front was lifted more. Has Ford made a change to make the Rangers sit more level or is the rake different between models?
Always carry a tape measure in your truck.... :like:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Always carry a tape measure in your truck.... :like:
The wife carried a compact type tape measure in her purse. You never know......:)