Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
You sir need an alignment.
it started a little that I noticed before but it was after I got one at Mr. tire in horseheads N.Y that this happened within weeks the paper printout said I was .5 out, I have the printout here somewhere I will add to this post when I find it....
it is on the inside of both front tires the same, I would like to figure out whats wrong before putting $1300 into new tires :(
there is only 19k miles on the whole truck, there is no way this should have happened
I have a rough country Lift and the paper says it was aligned to Tremore specs?

RangerPhx

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor 4X4
About 2 weeks ago I traded my 2019 Ranger XLT for a 2021 Tremor. I loved the XLT but have been wanting 4 wheel drive for a while and really could not be happier!
It had Grabbers and I knew from the first test drive that I would be buying tires because they rode terribly down the road, it really felt like I was driving over a very uneven cobblestone road and a mean drone on the highway. I put on some Falken Wildpeaks and its like a new truck! I dialed down the pressure to about 36 front and 34 rear and this helped even further to slightly soften and quiet down the ride a little. I did some accessorizing but the last thing I did was the Truxxx 1 1/2" spacer level. Turned out perfect, the truck sits almost perfectly level with an ever so slight rake but hard to discern without measuring. I think it rides somewhat better leveled actually than stock. This may be rather subjective but the quality of the ride is not hampered or diminished at all IMO. You'll love it!

Last edited:

OP
OP
PINKS

PINKS

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Forestry Tech
in the last 4k miles my ridge grapler tires have gone Bald! I have a rough country Lift
this was taken at the start of summer too :(
who TF can just come up with $1400 for a new set of tires every year

20230816_131151.jpg
Dude that's not cool!...hope you get it figured out!😎👍

OP
OP
PINKS

PINKS

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Forestry Tech
About 2 weeks ago I traded my 2019 Ranger XLT for a 2021 Tremor. I loved the XLT but have been wanting 4 wheel drive for a while and really could not be happier!
It had Grabbers and I knew from the first test drive that I would be buying tires because they rode terribly down the road, it really felt like I was driving over a very uneven cobblestone road and a mean drone on the highway. I put on some Falken Wildpeaks and its like a new truck! I dialed down the pressure to about 36 front and 34 rear and this helped even further to slightly soften and quiet down the ride a little. I did some accessorizing but the last thing I did was the Truxxx 1 1/2" spacer level. Turned out perfect, the truck sits almost perfectly level with an ever so slight rake but hard to discern without measuring. I think it rides somewhat better leveled actually than stock. This may be rather subjective but the quality of the ride is not hampered or diminished at all IMO. You'll love it!
Thanks for the reply!!....appreciate it!!😎👍

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Dude that's not cool!...hope you get it figured out!😎👍
its gets worse too, I have a screw in each of the front tires
but they are not losing air LOL

OP
OP
PINKS

PINKS

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Forestry Tech

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
in the last 4k miles my ridge grapler tires have gone Bald! I have a rough country Lift
this was taken at the start of summer too :(
who TF can just come up with $1400 for a new set of tires every year

20230816_131151.jpg
alignment issues? I have 15k on the OEM hancooks with plenty of tread left. I have a level front and rear.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
alignment issues? I have 15k on the OEM hancooks with plenty of tread left. I have a level front and rear.
My Hankooks won't wear out. I want new tires (+1" size) but have a tough time throwing out good tires. I am at 9/32"s with about 22k-24k miles on them (I run both summer and winter wheels, not sure of exact mileage on them). I believe new is 12/32" or 13/32".

I've never liked OEM tires on any vehicle, but honestly I don't have a lot of negative comments on the Hankooks for an OEM. Yeah, they are squishy and only mildly an A/T tire, but they work. I dislike the white outline lettering, but that is subjective.

RangerPhx

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor 4X4
When I had my 2019 XLT it still had the stock Hankooks and they had decent tread left but I wanted some larger tires and more A/T so I put some BFG KO2’s on it . Much better tire and road feel! Since the Hankooks were still good I kept them and sold them on OfferUp for 150 bucks. Made me feel better about the cost of new tires.😃

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have the 1.5” Truxx. I had to significantly adjust the headlights. Rides more firm.

Rotate those General tires a bunch. I’m at 23,000 miles. Had to replace my tires at 20,000.

IMG_7161.jpeg

IMG_7164.jpeg

IMG_0478.jpeg

67660350620__DCFADDC9-C476-408F-BD02-F672DC9D5C9D.jpeg

IMG_0471.jpeg
Head to replace my danged Bridgestines at 25,000. Front end out of alignment bad and I personally rotated them twice in that time.
Replaced with Michelin Defenders. We’ll see. Have a good one!

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Did some digging around....tons of info on installation...what the truck looks like after a leveling kit install!....but very little on how they ride after the install!...just wondering....you guys with the Tremor package....how was the ride after install? Will be ordering the Truxx 1.5 inch level soon!....appreciate any info!!😎👍
My experience is kind a different what i read here. I only liftet 1.6cm and the dray drives more like a tanker. Even after adjustment the steering is not as crisp as it was before. it is like putting the full load in the bed. u loose some “feeling“ in the steering And the front gets more sensible. The rake has it‘s sense is my experience. And i drove the much heavier 3.2 diesel.
Sponsored