Who’s running a tuner?

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
These engines are overbuilt and detuned for truck duty. Bigger turbo, intercooler, oil coolers than the Focus RS engine it's based on and a 10 speed that'll hold way more torque than we'll ever put through it. Ford is going to push these into fleet service with discounts etc. A bad tune or not updating a tune for new parts could absolutely ruin this thing but chances are we'll never hurt it by tuning it to its original output.
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
On the previous page I spoke about my working with Torrie at Unleashed. I'm probably testing his patience but he has re-worked my tune three times so far. I'll be testing the newest tomorrow and the weekend.

I wasn't getting good shifting and lost the ability to shift manually with the tune. Hopefully that's been updated. I flashed back to stock recently and have now lost the ability to manual shift in Sport Mode. Odd.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
On the previous page I spoke about my working with Torrie at Unleashed. I'm probably testing his patience but he has re-worked my tune three times so far. I'll be testing the newest tomorrow and the weekend.

I wasn't getting good shifting and lost the ability to shift manually with the tune. Hopefully that's been updated. I flashed back to stock recently and have now lost the ability to manual shift in Sport Mode. Odd.
That seems like a lot of issues from a tuner.....

I have installed all 4 tunes received from Livernois without a single issue.

Multiple issues like that would have me thinking refund. 1 is explainable..... but 3? Dont they test the tunes before sending to you?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
That seems like a lot of issues from a tuner.....

I have installed all 4 tunes received from Livernois without a single issue.

Multiple issues like that would have me thinking refund. 1 is explainable..... but 3? Dont they test the tunes before sending to you?
I've modded my truck, although not extensively and asked for a custom tune. My post was to see if any one else has had the same experience with the loss of manual shifting and to point out my vendor is working with me.

The engine tune is worth it. The power is up and of course I have to adjust my inputs as the system will respond differently by design and intent. In my case Torrie has been very responsive and asks specific questions, offering very swift updates.

I'm not drag racing like Doc is purpose building his Ranger, and my goals aren't as simple as those who only want a faster, louder truck.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I've modded my truck, although not extensively and asked for a custom tune. My post was to see if any one else has had the same experience with the loss of manual shifting and to point out my vendor is working with me.

The engine tune is worth it. The power is up and of course I have to adjust my inputs as the system will respond differently by design and intent. In my case Torrie has been very responsive and asks specific questions, offering very swift updates.

I'm not drag racing like Doc is purpose building his Ranger, and my goals aren't as simple as those who only want a faster, louder truck.
I didnt want to bash anyone....Torre sounds like a good dude. Not shifting manually seems like it that should have been caught before you got it. But I am not a tuner, so no clue how all that goes into it.

Like I said, i installed 4 tunes and had zero issues, shifting or otherwise.

Skeletor

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Before you tune, do your turbo a favor, it will thank you later. Just buy a damn catch can! You will be appalled at the amount of junk being sucked back through. Livernois all day everyday.
Sponsored