BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Cab XL FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey just want some reports back in available tuners from you guys running one. I have a 19 3.5L with SCT and it is wild! Just seeing what you guys are running on the ranger I hate that you can’t program more than one vehicle with SCT/BDX I used to have a Diablo and you could pay for extra license to program multiple vehicles down side it was harder to find custom tuning for Ford products. From what I see there is only SCT/BDX and NGauge tuners?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
As far as I know you're right, there's only 2 tuners for the Ranger now. I have an SCT but I've had issues with the tunes it comes with and I've set my truck back to stock for now.

Reactions: Doc

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Last edited:
OP
OP
BoostCruising

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know you're right, there's only 2 tuners for the Ranger now. I have an SCT but I've had issues with the tunes it comes with and I've set my truck back to stock for now.
What issues have you had?

OP
OP
BoostCruising

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
What issues have you had?
I have heard some complaints about the truck running extra rich and the transmission not shifting smoothly - it's why I'm spending extra to get a custom tune. After the rebate I'm supposed to get I'll be spending about $80 more to get the unleashed version. Since that normally goes for $150 by itself I feel okay about it. Torrie said he can program in the auto-stop delete and I think raise the speed limiter, that's a value add. H or at least U rated tires will be in the future, the stockers are only rated to 118 mph I think. I'm not building an Autobahn stormer, but I may have hit the speed limiter a couple times ;-)

corabellexo

First Name
Cora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Occupation
Medical Engineering
I’ve wanted to tune my fiancé & I’s Ecoboosts but I’m constantly worrying that if I do, what if something goes bad & Ford won’t cover it?

Our Fusion would be the perfect car to tune since it’s the sport model with a twin turbo 2.7L (definitely one of my favorite sleepers), but that warranty worries the hell out of me!
I’d love to tune the Ranger for the power increase but I’m happy to be back in a truck so I’m content... at the moment ?

OP
OP
BoostCruising

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve wanted to tune my fiancé & I’s Ecoboosts but I’m constantly worrying that if I do, what if something goes bad & Ford won’t cover it?

Our Fusion would be the perfect car to tune since it’s the sport model with a twin turbo 2.7L (definitely one of my favorite sleepers), but that warranty worries the hell out of me!
I’d love to tune the Ranger for the power increase but I’m happy to be back in a truck so I’m content... at the moment ?
I didn’t tell you this but Ford ECMs are not encrypted and don’t have a counter. As long as you can return your vehicle to stock before it hits a ford service department Ford is none the wiser.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I didn’t tell you this but Ford ECMs are not encrypted and don’t have a counter. As long as you can return your vehicle to stock before it hits a ford service department Ford is none the wiser.
Actually as one who works at a Ford dealership we have a way to look to see if the PCM has been flashed. So actually if we are suspicious we can look at that and find out that oh your warranty is void because you FUCKED it up with a tune. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is the truth. In all honesty a tune is a do it at your own risk.

OP
OP
BoostCruising

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually as one who works at a Ford dealership we have a way to look to see if the PCM has been flashed. So actually if we are suspicious we can look at that and find out that oh your warranty is void because you FUCKED it up with a tune. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is the truth. In all honesty a tune is a do it at your own risk.
Okay I was told by my tech ford can’t tell nor can they do anything about it. I have also grenaded a 17 model 10 speed left my tuner on as I didn’t have it in truck. No issue with Ford fixing it. What department are you are in? Service? I’m not arguing I would hate to give bad info to another member based on info I have gathered.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work in the service department. I'm a light line mechanic and I regularly read up on all the different bulletins Ford releases. I read the bulletin for a Focus RS it mentioned how to check if a vehicle has been tuned. Both Ford IDS and F.D.R.S. have the capability to find out. If someone doesn't know about this at a dealership I'm quite surprised. Service managers are made well aware this because they know people are going to attend these things.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The way they can tell there's a tune on the vehicle is most people make the mistake of taking the tune off right before going into the dealer. That's the big mistake a lot of people make. Now if you leave a tune on and there is a reprogram available for the PCM under a recall and you don't take your tune off and they go to reprogram it your vehicle will not start. That's another thing to be aware of.

OP
OP
BoostCruising

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I work in the service department. I'm a light line mechanic and I regularly read up on all the different bulletins Ford releases. I read the bulletin for a Focus RS it mentioned how to check if a vehicle has been tuned. Both Ford IDS and F.D.R.S. have the capability to find out. If someone doesn't know about this at a dealership I'm quite surprised. Service managers are made well aware this because they know people are going to attend these things.
[/QUOTE
Sponsored