Livernois Towing Tune, who's running it?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
That being said, if you enjoy buying tires more frequently, the regular 91-93 Performance tune is what you're looking for. That shit will snap your head back right quick.
I have the Livernois 91-93 tune an just replaced my tires with under 24K on them. Coincidence? I say no.

I'm thinking of changing to the 87-89 tune for winter. With sometimes iffy road conditions I can back down the power a little an save a little coin on fuel even though I just filled up with 93 Monday.
Sponsored

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Have you done any towing with the Ford tune?

I seem to recall that it was updated to allow for towing but I don't think I've seen any reviews of how well the FPP tows.
No I have not done any towing.

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I have the Livernois 91-93 tune an just replaced my tires with under 24K on them. Coincidence? I say no.

I'm thinking of changing to the 87-89 tune for winter. With sometimes iffy road conditions I can back down the power a little an save a little coin on fuel even though I just filled up with 93 Monday.
You could just install the tow tune... It adjusts octane. Plus you still have low end torque. Good for deep snow! Lol

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
AZ and I are in alignment. The Performance and Tow tunes both use sequential shifting which, in my opinion, is a bit over the top with a 10-spd transmission for daily use. I prefer their soft-shift 91-93 Perf. tune because you get the added power with the smoothness of skipping gears for normal driving.

That being said, if you enjoy buying tires more frequently, the regular 91-93 Performance tune is what you're looking for. That shit will snap your head back right quick.
Switched to the soft shift 91-93 today and gotta say I am really liking it a lot! Thanks for the advice!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Switched to the soft shift 91-93 today and gotta say I am really liking it a lot! Thanks for the advice!
I like this one myself the best. How is the shifting now for you with this one? I know you said the other was lugging and it's still early but have you noticed any lugging now?

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I like this one myself the best. How is the shifting now for you with this one? I know you said the other was lugging and it's still early but have you noticed any lugging now?
Still a bit but much less. It seems happy to drop down to low RPMs when cruising but seems much quicker to downshift when I give it gas. Only one day so far and I know the transmission went back into relearn mode when o uploaded tune but cautiously optimistic. I did get to give it some gas on the highway when trying to merge and definitely felt the oomph!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Still a bit but much less. It seems happy to drop down to low RPMs when cruising but seems much quicker to downshift when I give it gas. Only one day so far and I know the transmission went back into relearn mode when o uploaded tune but cautiously optimistic. I did get to give it some gas on the highway when trying to merge and definitely felt the oomph!
Hopefully this one works better for you. It does take a few tanks to "relearn" but I found this one the best for my driving here. It does have power but now it's sneaky because you're not getting that jolt like in the performance tune.
Sponsored