First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I go back and forth. I honestly enjoy driving it now stock, so wonder if it’s worth messing with.
?% worth it! I tried flashing mine back to just the 87-89 performance tune when gas shot up last year. I made it from my house to the gas station, approximately 7 miles before flashing it back to the 91-93 performance tune. lol

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have to do this on my RV, but not the Ranger as the Ford tune is authorized by Ford and 50 state complaint. I do remind the service writer to NOT flash the ECU, and I have a 'Do Not Flash' cap over the OBD port.
Dealers just flash the ECU for no reason? I have the Livernois tune as well as forscan mods and don't plan on ever flashing back cause all the dealer does is tire rotations and "inspecting" for broken hoses or whatever. I didn't think they would dig in there for no reason.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Dealers just flash the ECU for no reason? I have the Livernois tune as well as forscan mods and don't plan on ever flashing back cause all the dealer does is tire rotations and "inspecting" for broken hoses or whatever. I didn't think they would dig in there for no reason.
It happens. You go in for a oil change and tire rotation and when they scan your vin they see potentially Ford has released an update that would make your driving experience better. They update it and let you know when you pick it up they did you a favor. Once you are out of warranty, generally they will ask before they do anything, but during warranty its on Ford's dime so they rarely say anything till after the fact.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
If the dealer is working on something that needs the sun machine for diagnostic and there is a new OEM flash update the machine will flash it in some cases, over riding your tune, and rendering your tuner locked out.

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
It was over 2 years ago.

It was probably current then.

And an update:

YES!!

I was finally able to load the 91-93 tune successfully!

Many thanks to @Livernois Motorsports and the members on this forum.

Honestly, I was going to stick it back in the box for another year, so thanks for pushing me to get this resolved, which it now seems to be.

So let me borrow a couple of @Tracy Bowman 's dancing turkeys...

:turkey::turkey:
Wow, that's outstanding and I'm glad to hear of your success and @Livernois Motorsports stepping up to make sure you can get more traffic tickets!

I can't wait to hear how you like it! =)

Eskram

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a Powerboost Hybrid
Been lurking, but happy to see you got this sorted. ? I had the Ford Performance tune on my Ranger (which I believe is a milder Livernois tune?) and enjoyed it.

The Livernois 93 performance tune on my F150 Powerboost.. Wow.. and, wow. ?

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I see in crystal ball a taco or two being badly slain in the very near future.
I am ashamed to say this took me a minute to get...

Because it's Thursday and I didn't understand why you were talking about tacos. Smfh.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
If the dealer is working on something that needs the sun machine for diagnostic and there is a new flash update the matching will flash it in some cases, over riding your tune, and rendering your tuner locked out.
It happens. You go in for a oil change and tire rotation and when they scan your vin they see potentially Ford has released an update that would make your driving experience better. They update it and let you know when you pick it up they did you a favor. Once you are out of warranty, generally they will ask before they do anything, but during warranty its on Ford's dime so they rarely say anything till after the fact.
Ok, I went ahead and ordered the Do Not Flash cap. I'll just tell them I have the Ford Tune. Reflashing isn't a big deal for a major issue but I only take it in to have the 10,000 services documented really.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
?% worth it! I tried flashing mine back to just the 87-89 performance tune when gas shot up last year. I made it from my house to the gas station, approximately 7 miles before flashing it back to the 91-93 performance tune. lol
While I'm not running the 91-93 Performance tune, I can add my "just do it" advice. I was looking to help recover some of the MPG I lost when I put my Toyo AT3s on my truck and it has almost recovered that - it also feels better than the stock tune - the butt dyno approves!

Now you make me wonder if I should experiment with the 91-93 tune! I'm just cheap - I don't want to spring for premium....

I would recommend this in a heartbeat!
Sponsored