auto stop/start. haven't used it since day 2. :D

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I have a topo map app (backcountry navigator) which I wish could work using Android Auto - but I guess it has to be "approved" by Google or something. Apple is in a similar boat it sounds like. But that would be really cool, to be able to display topo maps on the truck display while driving forest service roads. The built in maps do have most of the roads, but the topo maps are way more detailed and accurate.
There's a nasty rumor that if you have a jailbroken iPhone, you can tell any app to be Carplay compatible. I haven't tried it, but it's the "word on the street".

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
There's a nasty rumor that if you have a jailbroken iPhone, you can tell any app to be Carplay compatible. I haven't tried it, but it's the "word on the street".
I've heard that, but since I'm Android, it doesn't help me much. If I rooted my Android phone it also causes some other issues fore me - like some bank apps won't run on a rooted phone.

It would just be cool if it would work. When I want to see them, I just use my phone while driving those roads.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Lane assist - it is interesting but I find it rather annoying for every day driving.

I'm assuming you meant those features that you CHOOSE to use (unlike airbags and emergency braking)
Yeah, it bugs me around town. But it's nice on longer interstate trips. The Ranger is more advanced than my 2016 Fusion when it comes to lane assist and it can actually keep you on the road which is nice when the drowsies start...

For me,
Auto headlights will never be used.
Lane assist only on trips.
Nav only on trips.
Sirius Radio never.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Remote Start. I park in a garage under my house so that would be a no-no.

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
My vote for most annoying is the location of the emergency flashers. I hit them all the time working the touch screen because I want to rest my thumb right there.

Remote start is probably a godsend in really cold or really hot climates.

Gcoop81

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2012 ,Toyota Prius C
My vote for most annoying is the location of the emergency flashers. I hit them all the time working the touch screen because I want to rest my thumb right there.

I do the same thing with my thumb constantly

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I plan on switching off (permanently I hope) every single "safety aid" that I can. Some of what has been shared in the forums is pretty incredible. Not in any way interested in adjusting my driving to accommodate a "safety aid" technology. See how annoying the fake sound is and maybe that will go as well. I'm doubtful that the folding mirrors will get any use either. Auto-bright beams? those won't get used either. hmmmm :)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I will avoid lane assist....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The default on the auto/start should be off. Ford pass useless, not worth a nickel.

TimberWolf2018

First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, crew,
The default on the auto/start should be off. Ford pass useless, not worth a nickel.
for you perhaps but I think if you feel any of this is useless you lack imagination or common dog sense. I can think of a half dozen circumstance that anyone would use those functions. I have to believe that many people posting here have never read their manual and/or have never tried the function or understand them.

I have not found a single function on this vehicle that I dont think was well thought out. Frankly anyone that stands up and says function x or function y is useless probably isnt someone you want to take advice from.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
The adaptive cruise control....already turned it off. It kicks in way too soon for my liking, even set at the "closest" setting.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I am amazed at all the stuff and options on my new RANGER, I have watching the post about what the Ranger is missing, I was wonder what is on your truck that you think you will use the least? for me it is the Navigation (which I really wanted), but with Apple Car Play, I can use Google Maps or even better is WAZE.
One reason I ordered the SuperCab STX 4x4 is that I did not want to pay for options I do not want or will not use. I checked 101A, STX, Trailor tow, Locking diff. Sliding rear, mud flaps. I did NOT check the Ford 360 option, or whatever the tech package is called.

The Auto Start (via phone) will not get used until winter. Other than that, will be using everything else. except the rear seats. I forgot to check the rear seat delete option......freakin dumb****

So my answer is the rear seats.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired

I used the remote start once to be sure it worked. Will be handy when the temps get over 105 or so.
Sponsored