First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
To be a Tacoma owner and every time you are driving it, having this overwhelming sense that it’s your obligation to show everyone up, particularly those that drive a Ranger. It’s almost as if they are pissed that they decided to buy a Tacoma and now have to somehow try and prove their superiority. Is it just me or have you all noticed this ? I let my truck speak for itself, with no input from me whatsoever.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Haha, they’re on a kamikaze run every time they see a Ranger! They’re way
more insensitive after getting smoked for it! Now that the weather is nice here again you can hear them now too! But just barely over the turbo spool. The language is truly impressive

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
I always give it just a little gas when the light turns green, pull ahead of them until I hit my desired speed and then hit set on the cruise. Then, they come hauling ass from behind and pass me like they've won the race. :crackup:

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
we should start a poll and try and find out how many ex taco owners put dampers on their Ranger tailgate.
Don't forget to include the option for someone who has never owned a taco and still put a damper on the tailgate.....

So I can check that option.

HDEO

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor, M240i
Occupation
Formulator
To be a Tacoma owner and every time you are driving it, having this overwhelming sense that it’s your obligation to show everyone up, particularly those that drive a Ranger. It’s almost as if they are pissed that they decided to buy a Tacoma and now have to somehow try and prove their superiority. Is it just me or have you all noticed this ? I let my truck speak for itself, with no input from me whatsoever.
I had a Toyota truck, like a 1990 model year. It was a great truck for the time. I like my Ranger better though. Press photo but mine looked just like this.

EA9D4BD6-BE94-40BD-93CB-7759E0D1E101.jpeg

OP
OP
Carmell269

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
I had a Toyota truck, like a 1990 model year. It was a great truck for the time. I like my Ranger better though. Press photo but mine looked just like this.

EA9D4BD6-BE94-40BD-93CB-7759E0D1E101.jpeg
I had a 1982 Toyota 4x4 and at the time, I really liked it as well.

OP
OP
Carmell269

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
I've had a couple of them Do weird antics like speed up to pass me and brake check me, or random middle fingers.

Like wtf guy, It's just a truck you retarded boot licker..
I kid you not, this literally happened to me on the way home from work today which spawned this thread.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I kid you not, this literally happened to me on the way home from work today which spawned this thread.
Oh people are weird man.
But to be fair, I did have one fellow ranger owner stare at me and give me the "cool" sign.
I'm just like don't ever f'ing do that crap again.

Anyway, This seems to be a mid-size truck thing, in my F150 I've never had any one really take note of me. I could go into a long rant but I honestly can't stand most "truck guys", got some weird complex.

I think I said this story before but in my dodge dakota, I had a dodge ram pull up next to me and meth pounding redneck yelled at me "Get a real truck you [gay slur]"... Like dude, Our trucks are both dodge branded.

OP
OP
Carmell269

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
Oh people are weird man.
But to be fair, I did have one fellow ranger owner stare at me and give me the "cool" sign.
I'm just like don't ever f'ing do that crap again.

Anyway, This seems to be a mid-size truck thing, in my F150 I've never had any one really take note of me. I could go into a long rant but I honestly can't stand most "truck guys", got some weird complex.

I think I said this story before but in my dodge dakota, I had a dodge ram pull up next to me and meth pounding redneck yelled at me "Get a real truck you [gay slur]"... Like dude, Our trucks are both dodge branded.
Yep, same here. Before I traded in my F150 on the Ranger, I never noticed anything obvious like today. It seemed like after I lifted my Ranger and did wheels/tires, that the ass hats came out.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I had a 4 cyl taco try to race me. I ignored him on the merge lane. He talked mad shit at at the next light with no cross traffic possible. After I turned off the TC/stability an purposely spun the tires while pulling away...

He had nothing to say at the next light I intentionally slowed to catch.
Sponsored

Last edited: