What happened to the 2023 USA Ranger release???

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I thought this was supposed to have happened.
Sponsored

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
The international announcement was on the 23rd, and it looks amazing. You won't get an official US announcement until next year.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
Because it’s still 2021? (I kid, I kid)

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
That wont be released here until 2025 from what my dealer told me. The current gen Ranger isn't even 3 years old. They will work the bugs out on the new platform before it comes here.

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
I doubt we'll get a band new Ranger for 2023. It'll be 2025 at the earliest.

Look at the lifecycle of the Tacoma, it ran from 2005-14 and now 2015-2024 at least.

Midsized trucks have a pretty long shelf life, around nine years. The Ranger in Aus ran from 2011-2021.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
According to the Ford press releases, the plan is for 6G Ranger to be a 2022 model for ROW and 2023 model in US. The current plan is for orders to start fall of 2022. That might get pushed a year depending on how Ford navigates the backorder issue they currently have at MAP, both with Ranger and Bronco.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
According to the Ford press releases, the plan is for 6G Ranger to be a 2022 model for ROW and 2023 model in US. The current plan is for orders to start fall of 2022. That might get pushed a year depending on how Ford navigates the backorder issue they currently have at MAP, both with Ranger and Bronco.
John. IIRC I think I read recently that the '23 order banks for the new Ranger were to open in like mid '23 in the USA. That would be par for the course with Ford since they can't even get everyone that reserved a Bronco their trucks. Heck, there are day one first hour Bronco reservation holders that haven't even gotten a sniff of a build date. I have no idea what's going on at headquarters, or MAP for things to be so assbackwards.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
The maverick…. If a truck could have man bun.
For when you want an F-150, but cant afford it, we present the the F-125, I mean Maverick, err I mean Ranger.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
John. IIRC I think I read recently that the '23 order banks for the new Ranger were to open in like mid '23 in the USA. That would be par for the course with Ford since they can't even get everyone that reserved a Bronco their trucks. Heck, there are day one first hour Bronco reservation holders that haven't even gotten a sniff of a build date. I have no idea what's going on at headquarters, or MAP for things to be so assbackwards.
I just watched another interview with the Ranger global program manager Pritika Maharaj where he was talking about all the issues Ford had with the ten speed in the ROW version of the current Ranger and then the launch of the new generation. He ROW will be 2022 model year and US will be 2023 with orders starting sometime late 2022 or early 2023 with production at MAP starting summer of 2023. I sincerely hope they've learned something from the Bronco launch and the mess they made of the order process in general so that 2023 Ranger orders are on customer hands sometime before mid-2024. That being said, I'll definitely be waiting until at least 2024 before I start looking at trading so I'll either get a repeat of what I just went through or they'll have the kinks worked out.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
For when you want an F-150, but cant afford it, we present the the F-125, I mean Maverick, err I mean Ranger.
Ha! I love all the tech and features in the f150, but's it's simply too big. A midsize truck with all the f150 features would get my money. But, as I've said in other posts, My next truck will be a PHEV, or else I'll keep this one until they bury me in it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ford is painting a pretty picture of what’s to come. What has transpired over the past year says something all together different. For me when the rubber literally meets the road then I will cautiously start believe the hype.

Until then Natasha and I will still be happily together
Sponsored