The New 2023 Ford Ranger & Raptor / What Do We Think?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Looks better than previous "test mules" I've seen. The FORD on the raptor grill looks too big IMO. If it's bigger it's heavier an the current one is heavier than I'd like. I doubt I consider buying one for 5 years or more.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im undecided if i like the looks of either. i know i do not like the price tags. the raptor f150s are cool but are getting away from the heart of what makes the cool, imho... the ranger raptor, ehhh i mean sure i want a more powerful and more capable ranger but do we have to name it a raptor and make it look all bling fab. and the bronco also. i will wait for the ecosport raptor and see how it looks..

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
It's one of the reasons I am glad I got a 2021 before the design change for 2023....I like the current design much better, especially the front end. Look at the 2023 Ranger front end, the Maverick and the F150.....they look too much alike. The current Ranger is sleek and mean looking, rugged. Just what I like.

SideFront.jpg

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Raptor now looks too much like the Ranger, I like the look of the current Raptor better. In fact I would really like a Raptor but I can't justify dropping $70,000 on one. Even secondhand they hold their value incredibly well.
Also it would be a step down in some ways the 2.0 high tech bi turbo I4 diesel in the Raptor may turn out slightly more power than the I5 3.2 diesel in my Ranger, but the 3.2 is a much torquier more relaxed diesel to drive.

Last edited:

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
I'm curious if the gen5 could have a gen 6 front clip swap ?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
How many lasted 41 complete minutes of that. Take a breath buddy. No facts just WAG.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
eh...I lusted after the Aussie Ranger for so long...when they came out in 2013 this was my work laptop background.

AllNewRanger_13.jpg

So yeah...not too thrilled with that new "cookiecutter" grill. The interior however does look sweet and I do also like the fact that the rear passengers have AC vents now.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Well the malls around here are getting larger so it's only fitting they make these bigger. ?

But I do agree most don't use these to even half the potential. Dealers will have very limited allocations for them and the Raptor will have such a high ADM most of us wont be able to get our hands on one if we wanted to.
This is Ford’s direct response to the increase in numbers and heights of speed bumps. Someone had to address this issue and Ford has stepped up.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
I Think………. I’ll wait for it to be out a couple of years.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Let me see if I get this correctly?

Lots of folks purchase basic F150s and Rangers, with standard OEM thingies installed. Then they add after-market goodies, like jacking up the front to match the rear, add different wheels and tires, changing out the shocks with different ones, and a few even change out the whole front end, so the truck looks more villainous, or worse!

Or...

Ford decides the get in on some of the fun (and monies spent), and comes out with their own ugly duckling, which is reminiscent of the aforementioned modified version(s). Also known as Raptor!

Then...

Folks pick it apart, with all sorts of comments, including the loathed high MSRP, without calculating what they've spent making their ride look and have the same feel as the Raptor!

Geez! Is no one ever satisfied with what they bought in the first place?

wadsworth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (ordered)
Occupation
Software Developer
Interested to see if there will be a Tremor version.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I think they seem promising. But time will tell. I'd say I'm Ranger Raptor curious.

ADMs will abound at first. But they'll die off quick around here. F-150 Raptors get ADMs the first year or so of each generation, and fall off quick.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the new body overall. As for the Raptor, the only thing I dont like is the width. Oh and the silly infotainment center. As for the rest of the truck I like it!! My nest Ranger will definitely be the next generation. I just hope the front diff locker is available in non Raptor variants.
The width is a necessity for what the raptor models are designed for, gives them more stability and is good for the high speed running they are supposed to do. As far as the people who buy them and never use them for what they are meant for, yall suck. Personally as cool as they are I wouldn't get one they are a very specialized vehicle meant for something I don't do cause I live in Florida, we have mud and stuff like that a massive wide truck isn't suited for tight pinstriping trails.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Tend to agree with you. A show truck that never gets used for truck things. In the obsession comment you forgot "more powerful ".

I do like the front end better though, but like you said we'll need to wait for the NA version.
I agree people who don't use them for what they are built for suck but I think condemning the vehicle itself for the imbeciles who end up buying them all up is kinda unfair. The raptor is a highly specialized vehicle that excels at what it is built for and is the best in its class bar none. Would I buy one? No I don't have deserts or anywhere to jump my truck and a big wide truck isn't suited for floridas tight trails, if I lived out in arizona or somewhere like that? Hell yeah
Sponsored