What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Can that volt meter stay plugged in? Does it mess up the BCM or OPP or whatever that stuff is called?

If it doesn't, looks like I need this too! It'll look good next to the Launch Missile button!
I just got it but I think Rick leaves his in all the time. The 12V will shut down after about 15 minutes so there's no harm leaving it in. Yes, it looks great next to my Eject button. ?

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I just got it but I think Rick leaves his in all the time. The 12V will shut down after about 15 minutes so there's no harm leaving it in. Yes, it looks great next to my Eject button. ?
Yes, mine is docked in the always engaged position. Funny thing is when battery has a good charge on it it will stay on for 5 minutes or so after ignition off. If battery is weak it shuts down a minute or to after key off. Nice way to tell if maintaining is needed!

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Just in time for some freezing rain and snow later. Much longer than my previous one and easy to reach the entire roof.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFRDKV9

IMG_20230123_113558909.jpg

IMG_20230123_113631141.jpg
I had one but didn't have a rotating head on it, made storing it inside the truck a royal PITA.

Ended up getting a standard one. I keep it stored between the rear seat and the seatbelt, with the belt holding it in place, my windshield screen takes it's place for the rest of the time.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I had one but didn't have a rotating head on it, made storing it inside the truck a royal PITA.

Ended up getting a standard one. I keep it stored between the rear seat and the seatbelt, with the belt holding it in place, my windshield screen takes it's place for the rest of the time.
It's certainly on the big side for storing in the truck. I'd stick it in the bed but the tonneau gets frozen to the tail gate (took most of a can of de-icer to open it last week).

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
20230127_155712.jpg

Tomorrow's project. Went by the Ford dealer and picked up replacement nuts for all the ones that get removed. And a 35mm socket. Already have 32 and 36.
Hope the project goes well.
Brian

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
20230127_155712.jpg

Tomorrow's project. Went by the Ford dealer and picked up replacement nuts for all the ones that get removed. And a 35mm socket. Already have 32 and 36.
Good luck, help is here if you run into any issues.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
thank you very much! heading out in the cold to get started.
Pfffft - N. Georgia - you don’t know from cold! ;)

Good luck out there!

TIP: DO NOT do this with one side jacked up at a time - both sides up on jack stands at the same time. ?

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
I wouldn't ride a bike on a paved road anymore than I would a motorcycle. I'm not exactly a prude, but handing over so much fate to the common driver on the road is a bit much to ask of me. At least a motor vehicle offers me some form of fate protection.

I have 100,000 (prob 50/50 split between dirt/road) miles of cycling here over 30 years, and probably at least twice that on my motorcycles. Only been hit once on each, and bother times were in paking lots. Situational awareness is your greatest ally. Also, if you're not livin' on the edge, you're takin' up too much space. ?‍♂ ??

Last edited:

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Pfffft - N. Georgia - you don’t know from cold! ;)

Good luck out there!

TIP: DO NOT do this with one side jacked up at a time - both sides up on jack stands at the same time. ?
Thanks for the tip.

Don't want to.hijack this thread, so i can start a new one. But, i am one bolt in already stuck. The nut that holds the upper end link to the knuckle spins, but doesn't move. So, I can't get it off. It's the 18mm at the top of the knuckle.

Any ideas how to remove it if it won't back out?

It won't tighten nor loosen

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Thanks for the tip.

Don't want to.hijack this thread, so i can start a new one. But, i am one bolt in already stuck. The nut that holds the upper end link to the knuckle spins, but doesn't move. So, I can't get it off. It's the 18mm at the top of the knuckle.

Any ideas how to remove it if it won't back out?
You need an offset 18mms wrench. If you look closely at the front of the bolt, it is machined for a hex key. Put the hex key ( I think it is 6mm) in a ratchet and with the offset, easy peasy.