What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Do you know by chance if the 17/18 wheels have the same lug nuts? Sorry, I am so mechanically stupid, it’s embarrassing.
Brandon, my understanding is that all factory 5g Ford Ranger lug nuts are 3/4" :)

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Brandon, my understanding is that all factory 5g Ford Ranger lug nuts are 3/4" :)
PS, you might want to take a 3/4" 6 point socket and see if it fits your lug nuts OK :)

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
PS, you might want to take a 3/4" 6 point socket and see if it fits your lug nuts OK :)
Will test that out later, I appreciate the double check.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Kinda jealous of the tools. Last week, on my way home from work, I ran over an unknown object on the road in my unmarked work Ford Expedition. Three minutes later I get the dreaded "Low Tire Pressure" warning on the dash. I decided to take the risk and make the dash for home and I am really glad I did, because there was no way I would have been able to break my lug nuts loose with the Ford tire change tools in the truck. I ended having to use my torque wrench as a break bar. And imagine this; I was standing on the torque wrench, which was set to 150 ft. lbs., bouncing on it, and it was clicking with each bounce before it actually broke the lug nuts loose. Son of a b____!!!!
Yeah some of those garage gorillas doing tire rotations only know how to set an impact wrench to max and hammer it on for a minute. Duh, what's a torque wrench. Always carry a 1/2" breaker bar Andy wheel socket set. Carry my 1/2" torque wrench too when going on long trips.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good ole Amazon delivered my package today and provided a picture of the box on the front porch. I only wish it were my front porch. Not a clue where it is...
Had that happen to me this week. Luckily I recognized the picture was of my neighbors hose. Dummy couldn't read a 4" high house number.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah some of those garage gorillas doing tire rotations only know how to set an impact wrench to max and hammer it on for a minute. Duh, what's a torque wrench. Always carry a 1/2" breaker bar Andy wheel socket set. Carry my 1/2" torque wrench too when going on long trips.
Lee, I'm going to request a torque wrench for my 1st tire rotation and put it in writing on the invoice :)

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lee, I'm going to request a torque wrench for my 1st tire rotation and put it in writing on the invoice :)
I do my own. Then I know it's done right, just like my oil change.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I do my own. Then I know it's done right, just like my oil change.
Used to do my own oil changes before it got so complicated. Still have the floor jack, stands & oil pan. I have free rotations with my service plan and the shop is well run by a manager who is a service oriented expert :)

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Used to do my own oil changes before it got so complicated. Still have the floor jack, stands & oil pan. I have free rotations with my service plan and the shop is well run by a manager who is a service oriented expert :)
I guess I don't consider it complicated. I have a Valvomax valve on pan and don't have take the skid plate off or use a tool to drain it. Worst task is getting the inner fender loose to get at the filter. I don't even jack my truck up to get under it, and I'm 68.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
I guess I don't consider it complicated. I have a Valvomax valve on pan and don't have take the skid plate off or use a tool to drain it. Worst task is getting the inner fender loose to get at the filter. I don't even jack my truck up to get under it, and I'm 68.
I can change the oil in my wife's CX-5 without raising it. I'm pretty sure it will be the same with the Ranger when it's due.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
My patience was rewarded. Finally received the BuiltRight rack that I eventually install. I'm impressed with the build quality. I went the modest route and got the passenger rear section. Should be plenty for my needs.

IMG_0161(Edited).jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can change the oil in my wife's CX-5 without raising it. I'm pretty sure it will be the same with the Ranger when it's due.
I do highly recommend putting a drain valve on. Besides no needing to drop the skid plate, the valve and hose controls the oil on opening as opposed to the gush of oil when pulling the plug. I personally like the Valvomax unit for its ball and seat sealing as well as it being a veteran owned US company. Also a valve also makes taking a mid stream sample for oil testing very easy.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
One advantage I can think of is that the Ranger is probably high enough as you mentioned to be able get under to do the job without too much hassle. Most of the vehicles I changed had to be jacked up and if you weren't careful oil would leak in your face :LOL:.

Last edited: