Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Stevedbvik1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Oct 4, 2021
Threads
38
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
8,641
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
:thumbsup:
Not doing any thing with the Ranger today, I hope.

Snow, about 5" so far, transitioning to sleet and freezing rain and then back to snow.

1736102577639-7y.jpg


Ranger is chilling in the barn. It is comforting to know that the Ranger is capable in the snow if needed. As for us we are staying warm, drinking coffee, watching football on tv and monitoring things on the security cams. As long as we don't loose power we are good.

PXL_20250105_181025473.jpg


We have some guests with us riding out the storm. Unfortunately not enough shelter for all the vehicles, so a few have to tough it out in the weather.

PXL_20250105_181110388.MP.webp
How good of a guest would one have to be to replace the Ranger in the garage ? ?
Sponsored

 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,523
Reaction score
22,573
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
:thumbsup:
Not doing any thing with the Ranger today, I hope.

Snow, about 5" so far, transitioning to sleet and freezing rain and then back to snow.

1736102577639-7y.jpg


Ranger is chilling in the barn. It is comforting to know that the Ranger is capable in the snow if needed. As for us we are staying warm, drinking coffee, watching football on tv and monitoring things on the security cams. As long as we don't loose power we are good.

PXL_20250105_181025473.jpg


We have some guests with us riding out the storm. Unfortunately not enough shelter for all the vehicles, so a few have to tough it out in the weather.

PXL_20250105_181110388.MP.jpg
No time for TV, you need to blow the snow before the freezing rain hits. ?
 

gfitzge2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregg
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Threads
6
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
7,011
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
1
How good of a guest would one have to be to replace the Ranger in the garage ? ?
:LOL: Now that is a good question. Sheltering people and dogs, (we have five of each here right now) is one thing but displacing the Ranger is another level. I am not sure where that level is.
 

gfitzge2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregg
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Threads
6
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
7,011
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
1
No time for TV, you need to blow the snow before the freezing rain hits. ?
My boots and Carhart's are ready, Polaris with plow is ready, going to get out there after most of the snow is done but before freezing rain. Wish me luck.

Update: Made some progress but wimped out when the freezing rain came. Coming down as rain but freezing on contact, except on me. When it started to soak through my hoodie and hat, I was done.

snow jan 25 driveway1.jpg
 
Last edited:


DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Went for a crawl to the mall - actually just to Crappy Tire but on the way, I saw something and thought - it can’t be!

To all non-Canadian members - guess the true name of “Crappy Tire” and receive a free t-shirt. @subquark and @LaBalbe, as duallies, you are excluded from this contest because of your huge, unfair advantage. ?

I made a note to get a closer look on the way back. I pulled into Parkway Ford and was it two Ranger Raptors that I saw? Yep, it sure was…

IMG_5225.jpeg


One had a window sticker, the other did not…

IMG_5226.jpeg


No sign of dealer markup on the window sticker but in Canuckistan dollars these are still expensive as anything. Maybe I can get a deal if I buy both. ?
 
Last edited:

OrangeStreak

Well-Known Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
13,984
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Went for a crawl to the mall - actually just to Crappy Tire but on the way, I saw something and thought - it can’t be!

I made a note to get a closer look on the way back. I pulled into Parkway Ford and was it two Ranger Raptors that I saw? Yep, it sure was…

IMG_5225.jpeg


One had a window sticker, the other did not…

IMG_5226.webp


No sign of dealer markup on the window sticker but in Canuckistan dollars these are still expensive as anything. Maybe I can get a deal if I buy both. ?
Duke,
I'm waiting for someone on this site to start a gofundme account so I can get a new Tremor... ?‍♂ Kent @Radioman has committed 2.00 toward one so only $59K to go... :handsinair:

1736115215972-tx.jpg
 
Last edited:

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
30,174
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Duke,
I'm waiting for someone on this site to start a gofundme account so I can get a new Tremor... ?‍♂ Kent @Radioman has committed 2.00 toward one so only $59K to go... :handsinair:

1736115215972-tx.jpg
If you send me a pre-stamped envelope I'll send you a dollar to start....
 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,523
Reaction score
22,573
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
My boots and Carhart's are ready, Polaris with plow is ready, going to get out there after most of the snow is done but before freezing rain. Wish me luck.

Update: Made some progress but wimped out when the freezing rain came. Coming down as rain but freezing on contact, except on me. When it started to soak through my hoodie and hat, I was done.

snow jan 25 driveway1.jpg
Good start, getting wet is no fun!
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Duke,
I'm waiting for someone on this site to start a gofundme account so I can get a new Tremor... ?‍♂ Kent @Radioman has committed 2.00 toward one so only $59K to go... :handsinair:

1736115215972-tx.jpg
Ya gotta start somewhere, Paul. ? Looks like you’re on the right track. ?
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
We got snow last night.

It's all melted.

While it was melting I drove to the store and loooooong pressed the traction control button... Was fun.
 

KJRR

Well-Known Member
First Name
KJ
Joined
Feb 1, 2020
Threads
14
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
10,473
Location
Cleveland, OH
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
We got snow last night.

It's all melted.

While it was melting I drove to the store and loooooong pressed the traction control button... Was fun.
I had some fun Saturday after turning off the traction nanny's. Was hilarious to see my neighbor who was out shoveling, eyes and mouth wide open as I slid around the corner, then grabbed the emergency brake, pointed the truck up the drive and stopped perfectly in front of the garage.
She said "I was thinking what the hell is wrong with this person" and then realized it was me just having some fun. :LOL:
 

TopoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brad
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Threads
10
Messages
423
Reaction score
1,438
Location
Missoula, Montana
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
IMG_4949_jpg.webp

We got some snow in Montana over the weekend. Pretty nice to finally get some of that white fluffy stuff falling. Bad part is I have to work in it during the week haha.
 
 








Top