Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it to work for the first time in 4 months since I injured myself.
Glad you got the go-ahead, mate.
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
What amazes me is that after all the dump runs you have made hauling yard waste, there's still stuff growing in your yard !!!! :crackup:
Have you seen his front yard? He always keeps some trash on reserve so he will have an excuse to do a dump run... :crackup:

1714397019826-mr.png

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Have you seen his front yard? He always keeps some trash on reserve so he will have an excuse to do a dump run... :crackup:

1714397019826-mr.png
Darn it! I knew I should have blacked out my plate number, well ... as long as you know where I live, pass by anytime and add to the pile - livin' the dream baby!

if the tires don't pop, ya still got payload left! and ... what bed rake?!?
=p
1714401367395-7l.png

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Drove up to Doe River again. it was the warmest day of the year so far and a small water snake was out out fishing in the chilly water. Fishing was good and this time I was able to catch some brown trout I was targeting. Also landed one 13” rainbow which was biggest fish of the day. Ended day just shy of 55k on the ranger. I have put 20k on it in the 14 months I’ve owned it.

IMG_1348.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpeg

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1350.jpeg

IMG_1344.jpeg

IMG_1345.jpeg

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Ranger today? Missed it. 😔

On the road this week. Got a Expedition rental. (Always try to grab a blue oval.) While nice, it ain't my Tremor.

At one point today passed a white Ranger Tremor. Really really made me miss my baby.

Howler1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 LRT/FX4
IMG_1656.jpg

I call this the "hasty RTT". Borrowed a friends tent. Don't have the crossbar setup yet so I used 4 ratchet straps to secure it in the bed and setup it sideways to normal config. Worked great.

Spent the weekend in Joshua Tree. Thankfully not too hot yet.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
IMG_1656.jpg

I call this the "hasty RTT". Borrowed a friends tent. Don't have the crossbar setup yet so I used 4 ratchet straps to secure it in the bed and setup it sideways to normal config. Worked great.

Spent the weekend in Joshua Tree. Thankfully not too hot yet.
thats awesome! ive thought about doing that as a rack will not fit in my garage. any other pics you can share on how its attached and fits? thanks

Howler1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 LRT/FX4
thats awesome! ive thought about doing that as a rack will not fit in my garage. any other pics you can share on how its attached and fits? thanks
I didn't take any pictures underneath, It's already off my truck. The bottom side of the tent is just an extruded aluminum frame so I I looped the straps around the cross member and to the corner tie down points. Formed an X on each side if that makes sense. It was solid. I think it helps that his style tent is only 90#. I probably wouldn't mess with something much heavier.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
What amazes me is that after all the dump runs you have made hauling yard waste, there's still stuff growing in your yard !!!! :crackup:
LOL, it never ends!

And it surprises me too since it's only 8,000 square feet! But 60 or so English Yews (aka, the poisoner's hedgerow) planted in 1955 and never trimmed have grown so large that at about 20 feet up they start to bend back down and hit the ground when loaded with snow (probably 35' in total length). They make a great mosquito haven too. =(

Each yew makes multiple trunks with multiple branches. They grow so think that lower branches die from the shading of branches above. Just clearing out all the dead branches took two summers. Casual weekend working speed and hand sawn (too thick to get in with a chainsaw and just as fast by hand as with the chainsaw).

Soupie has helped speed up this process because I did use my Scion a few times, but I typically cut up the small stuff for Lawn & Leaf bags and then bundled branches for curbside pickup. But that was so much work to make everything less than 4' long and in 12" tied bundles.

I probably have 3 or 4 more dump runs worth to finally be done with it this summer. =)

the dump burrito unwrapped! =D
20240430_101809.jpg

getting near the end of the trimming with some entire trunks now being removed
20240430_102114.jpg

thumbs up! or my phone cam doesn't work so well with leather gloves =D
20240430_101746.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
LOL, it never ends!

And it surprises me too since it's only 8,000 square feet! But 60 or so English Yews (aka, the poisoner's hedgerow) planted in 1955 and never trimmed have grown so large that at about 20 feet up they start to bend back down and hit the ground when loaded with snow (probably 35' in total length). They make a great mosquito haven too. =(

Each yew makes multiple trunks with multiple branches. They grow so think that lower branches die from the shading of branches above. Just clearing out all the dead branches took two summers. Casual weekend working speed and hand sawn (too thick to get in with a chainsaw and just as fast by hand as with the chainsaw).

Soupie has helped speed up this process because I did use my Scion a few times, but I typically cut up the small stuff for Lawn & Leaf bags and then bundled branches for curbside pickup. But that was so much work to make everything less than 4' long and in 12" tied bundles.

I probably have 3 or 4 more dump runs worth to finally be done with it this summer. =)

20240430_101809.jpg

20240430_102114.jpg

20240430_101746.jpg
Simple solution......

elmo-burn.gif

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
LOL, it never ends!

20240430_101809.jpg

20240430_102114.jpg

20240430_101746.jpg
1714491437390-gj.png

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger today? Missed it. 😔

On the road this week. Got a Expedition rental. (Always try to grab a blue oval.) While nice, it ain't my Tremor.

At one point today passed a white Ranger Tremor. Really really made me miss my baby.
Just so we’re clear, you’re talking about your truck and not Dave, right? ;)

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Darn it! I knew I should have blacked out my plate number, well ... as long as you know where I live, pass by anytime and add to the pile - livin' the dream baby!

if the tires don't pop, ya still got payload left! and ... what bed rake?!?
=p
1714401367395-7l.png
“ let me tell you story about a man named Jeb”

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
“ let me tell you story about a man named Jeb”
Wellll Dogies, it's Jed not Jeb !!!!
The truck was built using an old Olds car chassis, and was built by George Barris, the same customizer who designed and built the vehicles in The Munster's tv show, and a bunch of other tv and movie vehicles.
It even had a name..."The Swamp Rat"....not to be confused with Don Garlits dragsters.

download.jpg

This was Jethro's "Hot Rod Truck" from a later episode......had an Olds 442 engine...

f2441f6f34b0e44c44f6ce1e60b1195a.jpg

Last edited:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Just so we’re clear, you’re talking about your truck and not Dave, right? ;)
Yes! :LOL: "My baby" definitely refers to the beautiful blue Ranger sitting at the airport missing me.
Sponsored