Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,045
Reaction score
30,193
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Some days "living the dream" really comes true. Today was one of those as I loaded Soupie up for a dump run this week. =D

gratuitous soul patch pic =p
1000002045.jpg


1000002042.jpg


1000002044.jpg


1000002046.jpg
What amazes me is that after all the dump runs you have made hauling yard waste, there's still stuff growing in your yard !!!! :crackup:
Sponsored

 

Cmar

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
5,521
Location
Australia
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Drove it to work for the first time in 4 months since I injured myself.
 

OrangeStreak

Well-Known Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
13,984
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
What amazes me is that after all the dump runs you have made hauling yard waste, there's still stuff growing in your yard !!!! :crackup:
Have you seen his front yard? He always keeps some trash on reserve so he will have an excuse to do a dump run... :crackup:

1714397019826-mr.png
 
Last edited:

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Have you seen his front yard? He always keeps some trash on reserve so he will have an excuse to do a dump run... :crackup:

1714397019826-mr.webp
Darn it! I knew I should have blacked out my plate number, well ... as long as you know where I live, pass by anytime and add to the pile - livin' the dream baby!

if the tires don't pop, ya still got payload left! and ... what bed rake?!?
=p
1714401367395-7l.png
 


underwhelmed

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Threads
27
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
6,409
Location
GSMs
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
1
Drove up to Doe River again. it was the warmest day of the year so far and a small water snake was out out fishing in the chilly water. Fishing was good and this time I was able to catch some brown trout I was targeting. Also landed one 13” rainbow which was biggest fish of the day. Ended day just shy of 55k on the ranger. I have put 20k on it in the 14 months I’ve owned it.

IMG_1348.jpeg


IMG_1352.jpeg


IMG_1342.jpeg


IMG_1350.jpeg


IMG_1344.jpeg


IMG_1345.jpeg
 

Friday yet?

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2022
Threads
49
Messages
2,577
Reaction score
11,539
Location
Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Ranger today? Missed it. ?

On the road this week. Got a Expedition rental. (Always try to grab a blue oval.) While nice, it ain't my Tremor.

At one point today passed a white Ranger Tremor. Really really made me miss my baby.
 

Howler1

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
42
Location
San Diego
Vehicle(s)
'21 LRT/FX4
IMG_1656.jpg


I call this the "hasty RTT". Borrowed a friends tent. Don't have the crossbar setup yet so I used 4 ratchet straps to secure it in the bed and setup it sideways to normal config. Worked great.

Spent the weekend in Joshua Tree. Thankfully not too hot yet.
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
IMG_1656.jpg


I call this the "hasty RTT". Borrowed a friends tent. Don't have the crossbar setup yet so I used 4 ratchet straps to secure it in the bed and setup it sideways to normal config. Worked great.

Spent the weekend in Joshua Tree. Thankfully not too hot yet.
thats awesome! ive thought about doing that as a rack will not fit in my garage. any other pics you can share on how its attached and fits? thanks
 

Howler1

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
42
Location
San Diego
Vehicle(s)
'21 LRT/FX4
thats awesome! ive thought about doing that as a rack will not fit in my garage. any other pics you can share on how its attached and fits? thanks
I didn't take any pictures underneath, It's already off my truck. The bottom side of the tent is just an extruded aluminum frame so I I looped the straps around the cross member and to the corner tie down points. Formed an X on each side if that makes sense. It was solid. I think it helps that his style tent is only 90#. I probably wouldn't mess with something much heavier.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
What amazes me is that after all the dump runs you have made hauling yard waste, there's still stuff growing in your yard !!!! :crackup:
LOL, it never ends!

And it surprises me too since it's only 8,000 square feet! But 60 or so English Yews (aka, the poisoner's hedgerow) planted in 1955 and never trimmed have grown so large that at about 20 feet up they start to bend back down and hit the ground when loaded with snow (probably 35' in total length). They make a great mosquito haven too. =(

Each yew makes multiple trunks with multiple branches. They grow so think that lower branches die from the shading of branches above. Just clearing out all the dead branches took two summers. Casual weekend working speed and hand sawn (too thick to get in with a chainsaw and just as fast by hand as with the chainsaw).

Soupie has helped speed up this process because I did use my Scion a few times, but I typically cut up the small stuff for Lawn & Leaf bags and then bundled branches for curbside pickup. But that was so much work to make everything less than 4' long and in 12" tied bundles.

I probably have 3 or 4 more dump runs worth to finally be done with it this summer. =)

the dump burrito unwrapped! =D
20240430_101809.jpg


getting near the end of the trimming with some entire trunks now being removed
20240430_102114.jpg


thumbs up! or my phone cam doesn't work so well with leather gloves =D
20240430_101746.webp
 

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,045
Reaction score
30,193
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
LOL, it never ends!

And it surprises me too since it's only 8,000 square feet! But 60 or so English Yews (aka, the poisoner's hedgerow) planted in 1955 and never trimmed have grown so large that at about 20 feet up they start to bend back down and hit the ground when loaded with snow (probably 35' in total length). They make a great mosquito haven too. =(

Each yew makes multiple trunks with multiple branches. They grow so think that lower branches die from the shading of branches above. Just clearing out all the dead branches took two summers. Casual weekend working speed and hand sawn (too thick to get in with a chainsaw and just as fast by hand as with the chainsaw).

Soupie has helped speed up this process because I did use my Scion a few times, but I typically cut up the small stuff for Lawn & Leaf bags and then bundled branches for curbside pickup. But that was so much work to make everything less than 4' long and in 12" tied bundles.

I probably have 3 or 4 more dump runs worth to finally be done with it this summer. =)

the dump burrito unwrapped! =D
20240430_101809.jpg


getting near the end of the trimming with some entire trunks now being removed
20240430_102114.jpg


thumbs up! or my phone cam doesn't work so well with leather gloves =D
20240430_101746.jpg
Simple solution......

elmo-burn.gif
 

OrangeStreak

Well-Known Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
13,984
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
LOL, it never ends!

And it surprises me too since it's only 8,000 square feet! But 60 or so English Yews (aka, the poisoner's hedgerow) planted in 1955 and never trimmed have grown so large that at about 20 feet up they start to bend back down and hit the ground when loaded with snow (probably 35' in total length). They make a great mosquito haven too. =(

Each yew makes multiple trunks with multiple branches. They grow so think that lower branches die from the shading of branches above. Just clearing out all the dead branches took two summers. Casual weekend working speed and hand sawn (too thick to get in with a chainsaw and just as fast by hand as with the chainsaw).

Soupie has helped speed up this process because I did use my Scion a few times, but I typically cut up the small stuff for Lawn & Leaf bags and then bundled branches for curbside pickup. But that was so much work to make everything less than 4' long and in 12" tied bundles.

I probably have 3 or 4 more dump runs worth to finally be done with it this summer. =)

the dump burrito unwrapped! =D
20240430_101809.jpg


getting near the end of the trimming with some entire trunks now being removed
20240430_102114.jpg


thumbs up! or my phone cam doesn't work so well with leather gloves =D
20240430_101746.jpg
1714491437390-gj.webp
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Ranger today? Missed it. ?

On the road this week. Got a Expedition rental. (Always try to grab a blue oval.) While nice, it ain't my Tremor.

At one point today passed a white Ranger Tremor. Really really made me miss my baby.
Just so we’re clear, you’re talking about your truck and not Dave, right? ;)
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,837
Reaction score
23,520
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Darn it! I knew I should have blacked out my plate number, well ... as long as you know where I live, pass by anytime and add to the pile - livin' the dream baby!

if the tires don't pop, ya still got payload left! and ... what bed rake?!?
=p
1714401367395-7l.webp
“ let me tell you story about a man named Jeb”
Sponsored

 
 








Top