Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

KNI

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
5,598
Location
Finland
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
No need for the blower. =D

It was an ill wind yesterday, our one neighbor doesn't even have any trees in her yard and ours were all falling and blowing into hers. And her backyard neighbor has about a dozen gigantic pines. Her backyard looks brown from them! Those are the worst, the needles insert like velcro into her grass and into her gutter guards.

As the new lawn hero of the neigborhood, it's my job to use my new superpower - I suck! (hmm, doesn't sound as cool when written out ...). =p
As lawn hero you might consider composting the leaves and then getting a ecolawn top dressed and spead the compost over the lawn :)

As for what did I do with Ranger today? I drove to forest and put some 100-200 acorns in random spots and then thinned the woods for 4 hours. Now the Ranger sides are all muddy :p
Sponsored

 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
As lawn hero you might consider composting the leaves and then getting a ecolawn top dressed and spead the compost over the lawn :)

As for what did I do with Ranger today? I drove to forest and put some 100-200 acorns in random spots and then thinned the woods for 4 hours. Now the Ranger sides are all muddy :p
Awesome idea. We have a small lawn but there is a big composter just a few miles away, I wonder if they'd take it?

And what an idea with acorns! Two years ago I had about 350 pounds of acorns and we'll have at least that much this year.

Thanks for the excellent ideas!
 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,527
Reaction score
22,591
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
As lawn hero you might consider composting the leaves and then getting a ecolawn top dressed and spead the compost over the lawn :)

As for what did I do with Ranger today? I drove to forest and put some 100-200 acorns in random spots and then thinned the woods for 4 hours. Now the Ranger sides are all muddy :p
I compost them or rake on a windy day so the house at the end of the street scoops them up.:devil::p
 
Last edited:

Jbrubakerjr

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Threads
19
Messages
971
Reaction score
2,199
Location
Woodstock, GA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Church and lunch with friends, then made the Home Depot and Costco run. Apparently we disposed of the Christmas trees last year so it is time to start over.
AE2A9ECB-0FA5-44AF-8CFF-1C9517815877.jpeg
 


DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I got my smoke LED side marker lights from Amazon. Poked my finger in behind the OEM yucky looking amber light to see if I could release the plastic clip and change the lights myself. Nope, I just don't have the strength in my hands anymore with having RA. So on way home yesterday, I stopped in at the repair garage that swapped out my rear shocks for $25 and does my state inspections & oil changes on the ole Mountaineer and asked him if he would change the marker lights. Took him 10 minutes and when I asked how much I owed, he said $5... I gave him $10.
Val,

I feel your pain - literally. Unfortunately, I was also drafted to play for Team RA. After trying all the usual treatments and suffering from their side effects, I finally found relief with Humira. I hope you’re able to keep it somewhat under control.

Bless that nice man for helping you and bless you for helping him. ??
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Val,

I feel your pain - literally. Unfortunately, I was also drafted to play for Team RA. After trying all the usual treatments and suffering from their side effects, I finally found relief with Humira. I hope you’re able to keep it somewhat under control.

Bless that nice man for helping you and bless you for helping him. ??
this would be a great topic to share in

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/prayers-and-positive-thoughts-needed.19543/page-14
 

paval3

Well-Known Member
First Name
Val
Joined
Apr 30, 2021
Threads
35
Messages
702
Reaction score
1,527
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Val,

I feel your pain - literally. Unfortunately, I was also drafted to play for Team RA. After trying all the usual treatments and suffering from their side effects, I finally found relief with Humira. I hope you’re able to keep it somewhat under control.

Bless that nice man for helping you and bless you for helping him. ??
I can't even begin to list all the oral drugs and infusion drugs they have had me try. I would say the effectiveness was there, but the daily side effects from the oral drugs really took away from my quality of life. The side effects from the 3 different infusion drugs even before infusion was finished, I would consider life threatening (like breaking out in purple hives head to toe and throat starting to close up just one example) and when doc wanted to meet to discuss trying yet another one, I flat out refused any more infusion drugs. Oh and then you have the limitations of what your insurance will cover so that eliminates some drugs to try.
Finally just settled on taking Leflunomide (the generic Arava) and 2 mg daily of MethylPred. Other than losing some strength in my hands and wrists and getting those nodules from the inflammation and the irritating dry eyes, I can go about my day now pretty much pain free. I do wear a brace though on my right wrist.
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I can't even begin to list all the oral drugs and infusion drugs they have had me try. I would say the effectiveness was there, but the daily side effects from the oral drugs really took away from my quality of life. The side effects from the 3 different infusion drugs even before infusion was finished, I would consider life threatening (like breaking out in purple hives head to toe and throat starting to close up just one example) and when doc wanted to meet to discuss trying yet another one, I flat out refused any more infusion drugs. Oh and then you have the limitations of what your insurance will cover so that eliminates some drugs to try.
Finally just settled on taking Leflunomide (the generic Arava) and 2 mg daily of MethylPred. Other than losing some strength in my hands and wrists and getting those nodules from the inflammation and the irritating dry eyes, I can go about my day now pretty much pain free. I do wear a brace though on my right wrist.
I’m glad you finally found something that works for you. It was a nightmare rolling the dice on the various solutions. They were all very effective but they sure took a toll. Don’t even get me started on insurance! ?
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
He's single handedly saving the planet, 1 dump run at a time. There will be no need for electric cars as long as he's reducing our carbon footprint!
I'm sure Greta would approve of my efforts! =p
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Every time someone mentions how pretty the leaves in a New England Fall are, I say to myself "You don't have the rake the damn things". lol

IMG_20221022_145625.jpg
i never thought of it that way. kinda like me saying kids are so cute! when they are not mine to put up with lol.
 

stringbreaker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Threads
44
Messages
388
Reaction score
985
Location
washington state
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I dropped my Ranger off at a local body shop to have a self inflicted:mad: door ding repaired. I would not have bothered except this truck is too good looking to ride around with said ding. I opened the driver door on the very corner of a concrete utility vault. Pissed me off so much it chipped off the paint and nearly pierced the sheet metal
Sponsored

 
 








Top