Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
True North delivered me and my wife safely to the cottage and while in town getting groceries, I seized the opportunity to let a Taco know that it wasn’t just the F-Series parked next to him that was making him feel a bit small.

0B24AA84-0937-4625-9797-CB8FE8C7C3CA.jpeg

Sometimes, you’re out-numbered and out-gunned. ?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I killed a bird with my putco grill insert.
I had a Jeep Laredo as a company car - CJ something or other - I really didn’t care - heck I was 25 at the time and, to me, it was as cool as the DeLorean it replaced. It had a big-ass bumper up front and I hit a bird on the highway once. Smack dead in the middle of the grille. You know, the kind of thing where if the damn bird had stayed on the side of the road, it never would have happened. I got to my destination hours later and there it was, dead as can be, lying on the top ledge of the bumper. I felt bad about it but then some young lady said; “Hey, I like your Jeep” and I forgot all about the bird. ?

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I had a Jeep Laredo as a company car - CJ something or other - I really didn’t care - heck I was 25 at the time and, to me, it was as cool as the DeLorean it replaced. It had a big-ass bumper up front and I hit a bird on the highway once. Smack dead in the middle of the grille. You know, the kind of thing where if the damn bird had stayed on the side of the road, it never would have happened. I got to my destination hours later and there it was, dead as can be, lying on the top ledge of the bumper. I felt bad about it but then some young lady said; “Hey, I like your Jeep” and I forgot all about the bird. ?
I am just glad it hit the putco grille! Had i not put that there.......it would have hit the radiator parts!! Or intercooler or something with that big hole on front.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am just glad it hit the putco grille! Had i not put that there.......it would have hit the radiator parts!! Or intercooler or something with that big hole on front.
Okay...back story on bird strikes..... We were on the handling track testing the SCCA test mule for the forever quest for more speed for the racetrucks. I came flying around the final turn at over 115 mph when this dove flew into the radiator...Bird beak, feathers etc. I backed out of the throttle and the truck started to overheat. So pulled into the staging area...Livernoise mechanics saw what happened. I remained belted in the driver's seat....I heard the Oh YUK! Test session...way too much bird guts packed into the radiator... We just replaced the radiator and grill the following day... YUK!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Ranger was part of a demolition today. Friend and neighbor just bought another Slumlord townhouse...this one that had not been opened after the guy died and hauled out of the townhouse for 9 years! Nothing in the way of fixtures or such was salvageable. So the Ranger patiently waited in the car port while we demolished the bathroom vanities with their cast iron sinks, toilets, etc. Then rolled up the Bakflip and loaded this junk into the Ranger with use of the bed extender and hauled this junk to the transfer station. Funny side issue... The vanities had cut out for toilette paper holders which were partially filled As luck would have it, these holders ended up facing the rear of the truck. So off we went until I noticed this white flapping in the breeze. Puzzled but on the way...it turned out the toilette paper rolls unwound and trailed the Ranger for about 6 to 7 ft behind the Ranger....Sheesh! Pulled into the Transfer station and the attendant asked if the Ranger had a bowel issue???? Sure enough... We had tp flapping in the breeze....Sheesh!..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Just do what I do. When they start complaining about all the money you're spending on mods walk over to the closet and point to all her shoes. She'll just roll her eyes and walk away. ?

Closet Full Of Shpes.jpg
Wait a minute, I saw you wearing the red ones! You sure it's HER closet??

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Pics or it never Hap.................................................................... Wait,:inspect: on second thought, we dont need to see those.:surprised:

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
I hauled 500kgs (1100lbs) of sand, and 34m (110') of 3/3 armored cable, plus a few very expensive pressure treated 2x4s. The cable alone probably weighs well over 100lbs. Even though the truck bed is practically half empty, I'm very near the 625kg (1382lb) payload capacity of my super crew. Definitely the heaviest load I've done thus far. The Ranger shouldered it admirably, I could barely tell it was back there, except that the suspension is much more settled while loaded up than empty, and my truck is sitting near level.

PXL_20210702_134827537.jpg

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I don't work on Fridays anymore as of this week, (Woo-Hoo!) so I drove the Ranger to the barber shop this morning.

My barber is on the olde town square in Covington, GA. You have probably seen it a dozen times on TV or in the movies, (The Dukes of Hazzard, In The Heat Of The Night, some tenney bopper vampire show, etc.) but I was surprised to see it in The Cannonball Run when I re-watched it a few years ago. A stunt man had landed a plane on Pace Street and I'm not sure how he didn't stall when he got back in the air.

IMG_20210702_092430033.jpg

It was cooler than usual thanks to the rain and it was an enjoyable drive,. All on quiet back roads, of course. :)

Another careful parking job. Just look at that sexy Supercab!

IMG_20210702_092601262.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Made a Costco run today for a 4th of July party we're going to tomorrow night. Big mistake putting me in charge of getting desert, it might not make it through the night. Apple pie and a Cheesecake Vanilla Mouse cake. ?

IMG_4344.jpg

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Made a Costco run today for a 4th of July party we're going to tomorrow night. Big mistake putting me in charge of getting desert, it might not make it through the night. Apple pie and a Cheesecake Vanilla Mouse cake. ?

IMG_4344.jpg
So, another run tomorrow then?

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Made a stop at the local big box home supply store and saw a Black Ranger parked in the lot. Of course I had to get a look.
20210702_145109.jpg

Best shot I could get as he started up just as I pulled up and left seconds after this shot.
I do think even @Tracy Bowman parks better than this guy though.

Continued on after that stop and did some yard cleanup at my grandfathers place.
20210624_160402.jpg
Sponsored