First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I refilled 5 pails with pickled sand for the driveway. The Ranger was almost clean when I left home and got the dirtiest ever just driving there.

DE34BF24-37CA-45D3-A84B-E19E09556D4C.jpeg

0B322686-472D-4437-804E-8F9B042C09A2.jpeg
Looks like mine which is going to get worse the rest of this week.
Sponsored

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I'm just jealous.

It will be a balmy 20 something this morning and I won't see high 40's for months.

<sigh>
Jeez, it was 50 last week. What more do you need? I want the snow, and the cold. Freeze up the lakes and streams and I won't get my feet wet when I hike in NH

I drove up to the state capitol on the 23rd and picked up a treadmill. I avoided the covid pounds until Thanksgiving, and then something happened that caused me to gain 10 pounds in 5 weeks. I think it was staying in my office avoiding people that contributed. I told the GF that I bought the treadmill for her. I lived so it must not have been too bad.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Took my Ranger to the Bay & since we can't get good 'ol Apalachicola oysters for the next 5 years, we bought some from a seafood dealer already shucked & ate them off the tailgate. We are "make do" kind of people. :LOL:
20210102_163330.jpg
20210102_162218.jpg
+

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hauled my YJ over to my brother in law's place for some repairs. Used a U-Haul car transport trailer for the first time. Surge brakes are WEIRD, and somewhat violent. Felt like over adjusted electronically controlled brakes, but worse. Not so bad once you get used to them.

YJ is a bit of a beater, it's basically stock. Minor front end collision almost 2 years ago and it's been immobile in my garage since then. Since I bought the Ranger a few weeks ago I need the garage space. So out she goes.

Front driver's knuckle, leaf spring and transfer case took the biggest hit, and hopefully all the mechanical damage. Gonna start there except throw a mild lift on instead of just replacing one leaf spring with a stocker on an almost 30 year old vehicle. 2.5 inches with four new springs and shocks isn't much more $ than one factory spring. At least that's my justification. Phase 2 of the YJ "refresh" will tackle the cosmetic stuff, some of it anyways.

Ranger got my BIL's seal of approval. He was impressed with roominess of the interior and the ecoboost. He drives a Titan XD.

First real truck chore in the Ranger done. Next weekend, dump runs to get some the junk that accumulated around the Jeep out of the garage.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I saw a small window where I might be able to wash my truck at a wand wash and get it back home cleaner than when I left. It was quite dirty and salty.

I did get it washed. Not as good as job as when I wash it in the summer, but it got clean and stayed pretty clean on the drive home.

I also picked up a dozen minnows for ice fishing. If I still lived in Alberta, I would be taking the truck onto the ice.

ADF77CB5-F765-4196-9B63-5AC8CF4D15A8.jpeg

8A1DD6A3-85BC-40CF-BC4F-04E0788A65B1.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
No snow here in Toronto and nothing in the forecast for a week so, like Gary above, I took True North to the coin-op car wash for a bath. I parked between a stock taco and a YJ in the vacuum bay to flex for a bit, got out the microfibre towels and set to work. Unfortunately, they left before I could get a picture with my phone.

I saw a wild mural on the way home so I stopped for a photo.

E44C4647-FEDD-4EAB-BD0C-48E8445F2319.jpeg

I know, I know, “City Truck “ ?

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Took my Ranger to the Bay & since we can't get good 'ol Apalachicola oysters for the next 5 years, we bought some from a seafood dealer already shucked & ate them off the tailgate. We are "make do" kind of people. :LOL:+
Man, that grille and bumper look so good on your Sabre - great colour combo!

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
No snow here in Toronto and nothing in the forecast for a week so, like Gary above, I took True North to the coin-op car wash for a bath. I parked between a stock taco and a YJ in the vacuum bay to flex for a bit, got out the microfibre towels and set to work. Unfortunately, they left before I could get a picture with my phone.

I saw a wild mural on the way home so I stopped for a photo.

E44C4647-FEDD-4EAB-BD0C-48E8445F2319.jpeg

I know, I know, “City Truck “ ?
I had a golf bag once that sort of looked like the mural. Needless to say it always was a topic of conversation on the first tee.

I watched a number of videos where guys like Chemical guys do a complete exterior detail and bring buckets and tons of supplies at the wand wash. I am not sure in the real world, the owner would allow you the time to do all that.

Your truck always looks great!
Sponsored