Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

pickettf3nce

Well-Known Member
First Name
Troy
Joined
Dec 10, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
126
Reaction score
595
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IS Manager
Is it okay to step on the bumper in front of the license plate to boost yourself up? I usually do that but seeing hitch steps makes me wonder if maybe I’m not supposed to be doing that…
Of course you can, that's part of why it's textured there! Hitch steps are more for accessibility and protection of the bumper cover, especially in tight parking spaces or bumper-to-bumper traffic.
 


theprinceofsnj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Sep 5, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
257
Reaction score
770
Location
Clayton NJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford RangerXL 1959 Edsel Villager 9 passenger
Occupation
Retired
Is it okay to step on the bumper in front of the license plate to boost yourself up? I usually do that but seeing hitch steps makes me wonder if maybe I’m not supposed to be doing that…
I got one. I think I bought it off eBay

20240815_130843.webp
 

woodworker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joel
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
888
Reaction score
4,284
Location
virginia
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Sport
Occupation
Retired
Of course you can, that's part of why it's textured there! Hitch steps are more for accessibility and protection of the bumper cover, especially in tight parking spaces or bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Or cars bouncing into you sitting on the ferry while it’s docking and banging into the bump stops.
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Since we are showing off our hitch steps! GEN-Y Step! To accessorize my GEN-Y HITCH! It does take away from my departure angle.

20251230_100133.webp
Folks better not be face-first in their mobile phones while walking through the Home Depot parking lot when you’re there Eli.
 

veedubtuner

Well-Known Member
First Name
Morgan
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Threads
89
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
6,508
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts slinger
Vehicle Showcase
1
Since we are showing off our hitch steps! GEN-Y Step! To accessorize my GEN-Y HITCH! It does take away from my departure angle.

20251230_100133.webp
Reminds me of the Bear Claw pedals from my BMX days. Your shins were done if your foot ever slipped, and mine did once. That's all it took and I immediately swapped pedals after :LOL: .

61sCxDWA3wL.webp
 
Last edited:

LaBalbe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
18
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
13,801
Location
Ontario / part-time NC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Folks better not be face-first in their mobile phones while walking through the Home Depot parking lot when you’re there Eli.
Some people gotta learn to pay attention the hard way.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Some people gotta learn to pay attention the hard way.
Not if you're this guy. :wink:

Sponsored

 
 








Top