First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Thanks Dr. & Grump, I'm going to try the red 3M stuff...I used a narrow strip on my red ecoboost emblem. The link here, are almost 3" round, I'll look to match my magnet size...sheesh, the magnets @subquark linked look like they could lift my truck! I like the phone right there on the dash, the nav display is not blocked, and I don’t really want it on the console or on the cubby bin, or cupholder. No matter where it is, I still usually manage to forget it!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Today the Ranger and I retrieved packages from the UPS store where our mail box is located. Got home and found a package was full of meds for someone else, I guess another mail box holder. The Store label indicated my box number....but not me...So the Ranger and I returned as meds can be serious if someone runs out... UPS store guy says....This is so not you....and takes the package from me. We determine the tracking number on the package and the store label matched, so the printing of the local label was in error.... I hope Robert C...gets his meds... Scary busy time and mistakes happen...but with meds it can be quite serious. Anyway Ranger and I returned home where the Ranger went back to sleep.

Best,
Phil

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Thanks Dr. & Grump, I'm going to try the red 3M stuff...I used a narrow strip on my red ecoboost emblem. The link here, are almost 3" round, I'll look to match my magnet size...sheesh, the magnets @subquark linked look like they could lift my truck! I like the phone right there on the dash, the nav display is not blocked, and I don’t really want it on the console or on the cubby bin, or cupholder. No matter where it is, I still usually manage to forget it!
If you get a roll, just place the strips next to each other to cover the base and trim the excess off so you end up with a circular coverage of the base. If you get one inch wide tape, and the base is 2 inches, just place one inch strips next to each other and trim excess.
Also, look for their Super Strength type or VHB. This is their best and strongest. The circular pieces that Doc showed are the VHB, also available in rolls.
Pretty much all the aftermarket plastic and poly trim and accent pieces you see on vehicles are held on by 3M tape, Ranger tailgate trim, the tailgate spoiler, rain guards, wheel well flairs, ect.

Last edited:

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
if that was my heli i would not be able to prevent myself from painting it up island hopper style. que up the magnum pi music!
I'd make it hpr to match my truck!

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I landed a Hughes 500 heli on my Ranger today , HA

I flew RC airplanes for years and can tell you it takes a huge amount of skill to fly a RC chopper. Anyone can fly a drone but a chopper is way beyond that. Well done.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I flew RC airplanes for years and can tell you it takes a huge amount of skill to fly a RC chopper. Anyone can fly a drone but a chopper is way beyond that. Well done.
I started on choppers in 2007 then planes shortly thereafter but started building drones back in 2009 before they were available pre-built off the shelf . This was the 1st time I've flown a heli since 2011 . A friend keeps asking me to come to their new flying field so yesterday I decided to take some time and see if I could get any of my old helis to fly. I don't have the transmitter that I used to use with them but I did get 3 of them programmed and flying . It's like riding a bike I guess :)

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Pepper and I went to a retirement party, a friend with 50 years in the industry! Before I left I tried a new way to hold my phone to the dash, using the Syncwire magnetic mount. I use it to hold on to my wireless charger/holder. The last time it fell off with the original sticky tape. This time I used some magnets I think @subquark Soupy recommended. It all still comes down to the tape. It should hold in the winter, the question is will it hold here in the summer, granted it's not 150 degrees like in AZ! (I once had a Tom Tom on the dash and the tape let go and the GPS fell down and craked the screen on the shifter... it went in the electronics recycle bin at our township).

Update, I forgot my cell in the truck when I got home and went out to get it and this is what happened. BEFORE and AFTER pictures...Tape is crap. Maybe taping a holder on the dash is a no-go. Anyone have tape that is "Strong Stuff" as Elwood said? (movie reference!)

Amazon.com: Syncwire Magnetic Phone Car Mount, Car Phone Holder for Dashboard, Cell Phone Car Kits, 360° Adjustable Magnet Cell Phone Mount Compatible with iPhone, Samsung, LG, GPS, Mini Tablet and More : Cell Phones & Accessories

LOVIMAG Super Strong Neodymium Disc Magnets, Powerful Rare Earth Magnets - 1.26 inch x 1/8 inch, Pack of 6: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

1670534599413.jpeg

1670537785353.jpeg
https://out-there-n-back.com.au/pro...t-fixed-mobile-phone-or-uhf-mic-bracket-copy/

When I pick my truck up this afternoon, that's the first thing I'm installing, and I'm swapping my ram mounts into the truck...

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I started on choppers in 2007 then planes shortly thereafter but started building drones back in 2009 before they were available pre-built off the shelf . This was the 1st time I've flown a heli since 2011 . A friend keeps asking me to come to their new flying field so yesterday I decided to take some time and see if I could get any of my old helis to fly. I don't have the transmitter that I used to use with them but I did get 3 of them programmed and flying . It's like riding a bike I guess :)
The hobby has changed so much in the last few years, my 8 channel Futaba would probably not be welcome at the local flying field and almost everything is electric as opposed to fuel. Kudos to you for retaining the skills to fly a chopper.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Pepper and I went to a retirement party, a friend with 50 years in the industry! Before I left I tried a new way to hold my phone to the dash, using the Syncwire magnetic mount. I use it to hold on to my wireless charger/holder. The last time it fell off with the original sticky tape. This time I used some magnets I think @subquark Soupy recommended. It all still comes down to the tape. It should hold in the winter, the question is will it hold here in the summer, granted it's not 150 degrees like in AZ! (I once had a Tom Tom on the dash and the tape let go and the GPS fell down and craked the screen on the shifter... it went in the electronics recycle bin at our township).

Update, I forgot my cell in the truck when I got home and went out to get it and this is what happened. BEFORE and AFTER pictures...Tape is crap. Maybe taping a holder on the dash is a no-go. Anyone have tape that is "Strong Stuff" as Elwood said? (movie reference!)

Amazon.com: Syncwire Magnetic Phone Car Mount, Car Phone Holder for Dashboard, Cell Phone Car Kits, 360° Adjustable Magnet Cell Phone Mount Compatible with iPhone, Samsung, LG, GPS, Mini Tablet and More : Cell Phones & Accessories

LOVIMAG Super Strong Neodymium Disc Magnets, Powerful Rare Earth Magnets - 1.26 inch x 1/8 inch, Pack of 6: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

1670534599413.jpeg

1670537785353.jpeg
Try the NiteIze Steelie. Their products haven't let me down in 20 years.
https://niteize.com/mobile?cat=8

Last edited:

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase